Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tonights fight was further proof of why traditional aerobic cardio is a waste of time

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Booty Dew View Post
    Exactly this guy knows his stuff, Groves hired a dimwit old school trainer, I was worried with all that jogging he was doing, no interval sprints.

Boxing is mostly anaerobic, and low intensity jogging does very little to improve your V02 max, HIIT however is highly effective.
    All of this, yet, you said "He won't gass".

How come you thought he wouldn't gass knowing all of this?

Comment

Originally posted by HateBoxing View Post
      u can only improve ur stamina so much, a lot of these attributes has to do with genetics. u cant teach a chin or stamina but through stuff like rolling with punches, cardio exercise u can improve them a bit.

groves just has no chin and poor stamina
      yes because stamina has to do with body type. look at groves body compared to that lean lanky chicken legged body of Froch. Groves is bulky and a bit stocky by comparison he wears out faster. Same with Canelo look at his body type and it's no surprise all that beefiness wears out and gasses so fast

Comment

To improve your stamina you need a variety of different styles of cardio training, I cannot skip a rope so that's out of a question for me anyway, but you need a mixture, you need sprints, cross country runs, and bleeps alongside your boxing regime and never forget the good old HILL CLIMB, probably the best and most effective cardio exercise you can do. Hill climbs (incline runs obviously) improve the muscle fatigue and also help with better steadier and stronger legs, I have benefited from that single exercise the most.

Comment

and further I should add compare vitali and wladimir klitschko. Neither of them runs/jogs. They do interval stuff and swim and yet vitali has great stamina and wlad has garbage stamina (not always). Wlad is the bulkier and more muscled one which shows that genetically body type plays the role whereas Vitali has the stringy body like Carl Froch

Comment

Originally posted by kardsufur View Post
            yes because stamina has to do with body type. look at groves body compared to that lean lanky chicken legged body of Froch. Groves is bulky and a bit stocky by comparison he wears out faster. Same with Canelo look at his body type and it's no surprise all that beefiness wears out and gasses so fast
            Pacquiao is a bit stocky in the lower body and he's always had great machine like stamina.

Comment

and further I should add compare vitali and wladimir klitschko. Neither of them runs/jogs. They do interval stuff and swim and yet vitali has great stamina and wlad has garbage stamina (not always). Wlad is the bulkier and more muscled one which shows that genetically body type plays the role whereas Vitali has the stringy body like Carl Froch
              Vitali is actually the heavier more bulkier of the two brothers, Wlad just had the more chiseled look which makes him appear the more muscular and bigger of the two.

Comment

Groves looked tight from the start, if you are relaxed that can help your stamina Froch looked calm and focused the whole time. Think about James Toney, how can he go 10 rds being a fat slob? Mostly because he is relaxed.

As far is what techniques work, in fitness there are few absolutes you have to find system taylor made for you specifically.

Comment

that could be it. the more bulkier a person is the more energy they need to feed those muscles. froch is quite skinny but just has iron chin and great stamina. or maybe the bulkier guys are draining themselves too much, groves could be a naturally bigger guy

Comment

Froch looked tight and nervous for most of the fight. I'd expect that to take more out of him. Take David Price for example. Dude was nervous as hell against the Tiger and he gassed. I suspect Frochs conditioning is down to experience and genetics

Comment

Originally posted by Booty Dew View Post
                      Pacquiao is a bit stocky in the lower body and he's always had great machine like stamina.
                      that's lower body only. the guys I'm naming are stocky up top like Wlad

Comment

Working...
                      X