Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What next for the king of 140lbs Danny Swift Garcia?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What next for the king of 140lbs Danny Swift Garcia?

Should he get the Floyd fight? I don't think he'll win but he should get that well deserved payday imo. If Matthysse had won his groupies would be calling for the Floyd fight saying he would destroy Mayweather etc....or should he rematch Khan at 147 before that fight?

The future is looking bright for the best light welterweight on the planet.

Rematch Lucas. The best option.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by CatchweightKing View Post
      Rematch Lucas. The best option.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
      Why would he rematch a guy he destroyed when there are bigger paydays around the corner such as Khan, Broner and Mayweather.

Matthysse's hype train has been derailed, he's just another B level contender now.

Comment

Originally posted by KeepItObjective View Post
        Why would he rematch a guy he destroyed when there are bigger paydays around the corner such as Khan, Broner and Mayweather.

Matthysse's hype train has been derailed, he's just another B level contender now.
        He didnt destroy anybody, it was a competitive fight with garcia pulling out ahead in the 2nd half of the fight for one obvious reason.

He still deserves props though cause he was seriously underrated going into the fight. The only fight left for him at 140 is maybe a rematch with khan or matthysse. Otherwise he should just move up to 147.

Comment

list of possible matches for danny right now....

1. floyd in may

2. khan rematch in jan/feb to setup a floyd fight for the winner

Those are the only viable options if im danny...
          He already beat lucas fair and square, a rematch can happen down the road, but he shouldnt take it now while he is a hot commodity,, that would be a step backwards

Comment

Originally posted by KeepItObjective View Post

Destroyed??????? Oh dear.

I agree Danny wouldn't have much of a shot at mayweather. So why not fight someone else..... yeah it's a big payday but why do Garcia fans want the mayweather fight if they know he will lose?

Comment

I was going to start a new thread about this but I'll just use this one. I met Danny and Angel today and this was my question to him, who will be next. They said they were going to fight at a CW followed immediately by "with whoever" so an opponent hasn't been chosen but they want to slowly ease into the higher weight.

Comment

At Danny "destroyed" Lucas.

He beat him decisively. Not quite the same thing.

And no, he shouldn't fight Floyd. He's too green and never even fought above 140. Lucas wouldn't have been ready either, but I agree that if Lucas won there would be 100 threads a day about how Floyd is ducking him.

Comment

Originally posted by sugarsmosley View Post
                  Destroyed??????? Oh dear.

I agree Danny wouldn't have much of a shot at mayweather. So why not fight someone else..... yeah it's a big payday but why do Garcia fans want the mayweather fight if they know he will lose?
                  Because he deserves the payday after destroying ''The Machine'' and every Floyd fight since 2009 has been a forgone conclusion unless the opponent is Manny Pacquiao.

Comment

I'd like to see him vs Mayweather.

Maybe a fight with Broner, Thurman, Maidana, Guererro, Ortiz there's a lot of fights out there for him.

Comment

Working...
                    X