No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Marroquin Seeks New Opponent, Rigondeaux Scratched

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cubanborn87 View Post
    I had a talk with Gary Hyde today and let me tell you the Golden Boy offer is a no brainer you are talking about Rigo making at least twice what he makes for Top Rank, I cant give out many details but it's obius that the people that would be excluded fom the Golden Boy deal are filling Rigondeaux's head with lies and are working together with Top Rank to take advantage of the man.
    Heard something almost identical from the 'OTG' Boxing radio show. One of their correspondents mentioned a substantial deal came in from Golden Boy almost to the same amount to what Donaire is receiving at Top Rank.

Seems like the certain people of Rigo's team aren't happy with this deal as this will most liekly eliminate them from any money they are earning and like you mentioned they working with Top Rank which just makes it all the more deceitful.

Comment

Comments Thread For: Marroquin Seeks New Opponent, Rigondeaux Scratched

Super bantamweight contender Robert Marroquin has begun the search for a new opponent after his scheduled September 15 title shot against unbeaten Guillermo Rigondeaux was officially canceled on Thursday evening.

“Unfortunately my title shot against Rigondeaux has been canceled,” Marroquin stated. “However, I'm still in the gym working hard awaiting my new opponent.”

As reported earlier in the week on Boxingscene.com, a hearing in a Dade County (FL) Circuit Court was ruled in favor of Rigondeaux’s manager Gary Hyde to block the title fight since it was made without his involvement or knowledge. The final ruling stated that Rigondeaux is disallowed to engage in any contest without the approval of Hyde, with whom he is still under contract. [Click Here To Read More]

Comment

I had a talk with Gary Hyde today and let me tell you the Golden Boy offer is a no brainer you are talking about Rigo making at least twice what he makes for Top Rank, I cant give out many details but it's obius that the people that would be excluded fom the Golden Boy deal are filling Rigondeaux's head with lies and are working together with Top Rank to take advantage of the man.
        Thats sucks bro!Rogo seems like a nice cat!

I saw him sometime ago en el show de Alexis Valdez, Rigo is a funny dude!

**** Top Rank!

Comment

Originally posted by El C@cique@PR View Post
          Thats sucks bro!Rogo seems like a nice cat!

I saw him sometime ago en el show de Alexis Valdez, Rigo is a funny dude!

**** Top Rank!
          yea the cat got a hell of a personality unlike most of the other cuban boxers

Comment

yea the cat got a hell of a personality unlike most of the other cuban boxers
            It's all good. We found his profession after he gets out the game:

Looks like he only knows one rhyme:

Comment

to gary hyde. i was looking forward to seeing rigondeaux. this sucks.....they better replace this with a good fight.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
                Hard to say if this is a setback or a good thing. But one thing is for sure here, getting away from Top Rank is probably the better option for Rigo in this case. Arum been putting him on undercards but with what purpose? He still facing the same type of opposition and isn't moving him fast enough to a big fight. Im willing to bet GBP or TMT would move him faster in 3 fights than Top Rank has done in 10.

Knowing Top Rank... Probably trying to scam the dude.
                to put his name out there obviously..and unfortunately for him , he left a bad tastes on people's mouths when he fought cordoba...even donaire begged to be in a pac undercard and never got it...meaning arum did him a favor

Comment

w/the posting theother day about Rigo's riff w/his mgmt , was this the cause 4 this guy who has long periods of inactivity??

Comment

really disappointing... the JCC Jr./Martinez undercard is flatlining.

Comment

This fight should have never been signed to begin with and now at 32, this is one more delay in getting Rigo to the star status level and bigger fights. He needs to sign to fight only the best. I don't see anyone having an easy time defeating him. If he stays aggressive, he impresses everyone.

Comment

Working...
                      X