Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The difference between simple elite & business elite, in my opinion however unpopular

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Scary View Post
    Best on resume Carl Froch or Miguel Cotto?
    i'd say froch..although cotto is the much bigger star, he hadn't really done anything at 154 whereas froch was rightfully considered one of the best at super middleweight.

Comment

• Originally posted by SoggyLungs View Post
      i'd say froch..although cotto is the much bigger star, he hadn't really done anything at 154 whereas froch was rightfully considered one of the best at super middleweight.
      154 is Cotto's 3rd division...

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
      what the fuck are you *****ing about Floyd just fought the #1 at 154 and didn't make him come down to 147 Ward is fighting Dawson at 168 his 1st fight at that weight in 8 years and at wards home town.

matter fact Ward the only fighter at super 6 who had home advantage in every fight
      Didn't have the home advantage against Froch. Ironically that was his closest fight in terms of scores because two judges were on crack.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
        Floyd could unify 147. The Khan-Floyd fight is simply a moneymaker, nothing more.We shouldn't mention Martinez who is the most dangerous fighter out there therefore Floyd won't fight him. He'll just beat on the Khans of the world.
        So basically what you're saying that instead of fighting Khan, you would rather Floyd fight a fighter that Khan already beat or 37 year old fighter who lost every second of his last fight until he landed on Mike Jones? Please don't even mention Bradley, that's never going to happen.

Comment

• Andre Ward is an amazing fighter and a stand up guy. I actually got to sit down with him early in his career and watch an event with him. The only problem with this comparison is this... at this point in their career there is no way you can compare their accomplishments. Mayweather is a multiple time title holder in MULTIPLE divisions. Like it was said earlier at SFW he feared no one and basically wanted to challenge himself more by moving up in weight... a lot. If andre ward stays in his division he has a change to be one of the best SMW of his era, though he will not be considered one of the best BOXERS in his era. The reasoning is overall he didn't go up, challenge bigger stronger guys and prove himself there, very few have earned that without moving up. RJJ went from MW to HW and won titles... that's the defining point of non-HW boxers. How much they can do to push their limits to show they have it all. Ward WILL have to move up eventually because SMW will run out of people to fight, when that time comes then you can compare the two... until then it's just unrealistic.

Comment

I've never mention Floyd fighting a 160lb Martinez. The fight is completely make able at 154. 160 are Floyd fans because they don't want Floyd in danger so they go overboard saying people want the fight at 160. If I'm not mistaken Martinez has never made 160. This shows that 154 is doable.
            hold up, whoa der pimpin! I never said it wasnt make able at 154. In fact, i would love to see this fight because i honestly believe its one floyd can and would win. A bit tougher at 160. That said, you were saying that Ward is fighting Dawson who is the best in each respective weightclass which is one weight class apart. Floyd and Martinez is two. no matter how u slice it Martinez is a middleweight who weighs in at 158 (165 on fight night). Floyd is a ww who went into a 154 pound fight weighin 151 (147 on fight night). Thats ww vs mw. But dont get me wrong it can be done as i believe ortiz weighed around 160 sumthin in his fight with floyd if im not mistaken. I was just going off of your original statements in fighting the best a weight class apart is all.

i kinda look at it like this: Floyd paid his dues and doesnt really have anymore to do. Ward is still tryna stake his claim. Ward beating Dawson at 168 is a great win for ward. If Dawson wins Great win for Dawson. If Floyd beats Khan, its a GOOD/great (depending on how khan looks against garcia) But if Khan came up in his first fight at 147 and beat floyd?as of now NO WIN WARD EVER GETS WILL BE GREATER.

Comment

Floyd could unify 147. The Khan-Floyd fight is simply a moneymaker, nothing more.We shouldn't mention Martinez who is the most dangerous fighter out there therefore Floyd won't fight him. He'll just beat on the Khans of the world.
              bradley(thief), malignaggi, and randall bailey are the other champs. no point.

Comment

• Originally posted by B Phontain View Post
                hold up, whoa der pimpin! I never said it wasnt make able at 154. In fact, i would love to see this fight because i honestly believe its one floyd can and would win. A bit tougher at 160. That said, you were saying that Ward is fighting Dawson who is the best in each respective weightclass which is one weight class apart. Floyd and Martinez is two. no matter how u slice it Martinez is a middleweight who weighs in at 158 (165 on fight night). Floyd is a ww who went into a 154 pound fight weighin 151 (147 on fight night). Thats ww vs mw. But dont get me wrong it can be done as i believe ortiz weighed around 160 sumthin in his fight with floyd if im not mistaken. I was just going off of your original statements in fighting the best a weight class apart is all.

i kinda look at it like this: Floyd paid his dues and doesnt really have anymore to do. Ward is still tryna stake his claim. Ward beating Dawson at 168 is a great win for ward. If Dawson wins Great win for Dawson. If Floyd beats Khan, its a GOOD/great (depending on how khan looks against garcia) But if Khan came up in his first fight at 147 and beat floyd?as of now NO WIN WARD EVER GETS WILL BE GREATER.
                he doesn't have to fight elite fighters anymore? he can just fight bums over and over on ppv? that's strange.

Comment

• Originally posted by daggum View Post
                  bradley(thief), malignaggi, and randall bailey are the other champs. no point.

evidence aplenty of what a joke the "belts" are

for starters there are four of them

Comment

• Originally posted by daggum View Post
                    he doesn't have to fight elite fighters anymore? he can just fight bums over and over on ppv? that's strange.
                    cmon son, dont twist my words. What bum has he fought on ppv? He is fighting the #1-3 ranked fighters but they are still bums?..Thats strange

Im just stating that he's accomplished all that (he said) he wanted to do in his career. what more should he do at this point compared to what ward must do?

Comment

• Originally posted by B Phontain View Post
                      cmon son, dont twist my words. What bum has he fought on ppv? He is fighting the #1-3 ranked fighters but they are still bums?..Thats strange

Im just stating that he's accomplished all that (he said) he wanted to do in his career. what more should he do at this point compared to what ward must do?
                      fight guys like pac or martinez instead of ortiz? ortiz the 1 win wonder yeah this is gonna be good fight.....and you know rankings don't mean anything anymore. how was cotto ranked 1 with his crap resume? how is canelo ranked 2 right now? if ward beats dawson does he get a free cherry pick pass for the rest of his career? all time greats don't think welp i did enough, i'm set. they don't retire when things get dangerous in their division unless their names are joe calzaghe and floyd mayweather.
                      Last edited by daggum; 07-13-2012, 07:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X