Collapse
No announcement yet.

Steve Farhood: "Pacquiao is the BIGGEST name in American boxing right now"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so let me get this str8 *******s say the reason floyd outsold manny against respective foes is because people pay to see him lose???so you mean more people pay to see floyd lose then to see manny win???and if so many people pay to see him lose..why is he never the underdog???ya'll make no damn sense at all

Comment

Originally posted by Al Pacino View Post
      so let me get this str8 *******s say the reason floyd outsold manny against respective foes is because people pay to see him lose???so you mean more people pay to see floyd lose then to see manny win???and if so many people pay to see him lose..why is he never the underdog???ya'll make no damn sense at all
      great logic

Comment

I always felt I get pretty good odds betting on Floyd because people don't bet with their heads always regarding him.

Is it so hard to just concede that Floyd is one of the two biggest stars in boxing, is it seriously that hard to give credit to him. I would think it would be easier to just kill this issue and not argue about it anymore but I guess some people can't do that.

Comment

Originally posted by Eaner0919 View Post
          dawg see sorry but you are part of the problem that goes on here

I asked a simple question about Mayweather's PPV sales

even agreed with you about what you stated about HBO etc etc

and you find EVERY LITTLE REASON to **** on him

why? I mean for a fighter you guys call coward and gay and cherry picker he seems to be the main bone of contention for Manny fans

YOU mentioned the city of Milpitas not me bro I pointed out to you the two cities YOU mentioned have high Filipino populations. You tried to use both as run of the mill cities and I pointed out to you how high the Filipino population is in both.

nah let me **** on Floyd some more.....**** is tired

and I would love to explain why Mayweather has no shirts but why bother when you guys care less so long as it fits your hate agenda.

seriously dude get over it and give credit where credit is due

Mayweather may not have the loyal fanbase Manny has but he is a draw and not jst for the hate that comes from the likes of you, not from the fanbase of his opponent and certainly not for the people who tune in to simply watch him lose.

he is a star period.

Wait. When did i say he wasnt a Star?? no where in my post...

You ask me question why does Mayweather do so well in PPV... I gave you a answer.. imho more people watch him to lose then win.. There nothing wrong with being a bad guy.. Then you **** on my answer.. You cant even prove that more people watch Mayweather to cheer him on.. Not even in hometown more people come to watch his oppenent..

Also when Mayweather fought Oscar and Hatton.. both were bigger star at the time.

By the time Manny fought Oscar.. Everyone thought it was a circus..
          By the time Manny fought Hatton.. I wil admit that Mayweather already took Hatton thunder and gave him a lost.. But the PVP#s were pretty close..

you can also add in the economy...

With the JMM fight.. Floyd came out right at the Hatton fight.. Trying to steal some thunder from Pac.. there were already talk about Pac vs Floyd.. and with the fake rib injury and moving the date later to help promote the fight.. Also People also wanted to see how Mayweather will do after retirement.. VS a guy who gave Pac trouble...

Lets not forget.. That Manny vs Cotto did more PPV....

But this thread is who is bigger then American.. My answer is Pac.. Floyd is 2nd.. right now..
          Last edited by Gutz; 03-23-2010, 04:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gutz View Post
            Wait. When did i say he wasnt a Star?? no where in my post...
            no but you do allude to that by asking where Mayweather's shirts are or am I mistaken? why else would you bring that up?

to compare the star power or lack of for Floyd right?

You ask me question why does Mayweather do so well in PPV... I gave you a answer..
            yes but a HORRIBLE answer that I can refute all damn day.

imho more people watch him to lose then win.. There nothing wrong with being a bad guy.. Then you **** on my answer.. You cant even prove that more people watch Mayweather to cheer him on.. Not even in hometown more people come to watch his oppenent..
            how did I **** on your answer? by asking you questions that were tough for you to answer?

cmon man this is a forum if you cannot take the heat then stay on the sidelines and let others take it from here

but I can easily refute your claims that people just want to see him lose to the tune of say 500,001 people (more than half of how many people saw the JMM fight)

Also when Mayweather fought Oscar and Hatton.. both were bigger star at the time.
            explain how Hatton was? I am curious to see this considering MOST of his drawing power was in his fanbase traveling when the dollar was weak.

even then he didn't draw all that well, did not become a PPV person UNTIL Mayweather and subsequently his star power diminished when the economy took a ****

By the time Manny fought Oscar.. Everyone thought it was a circus..
            what does that have to do with Mayweather's PPV success? stay focused.

By the time Manny fought Hatton.. I wil admit that Mayweather already took Hatton thunder and gave him a lost.. But the PVP#s were pretty close..
            so? still doesn't explain why Mayweather can do it. Great numbers for Manny but how does this explain how Mayweather draws PPVs

you can also add in the economy...
            yet you fail to do so only when it fits.......sigh......Manny

With the JMM fight.. Floyd came out right at the Hatton fight..
            huh?

he took two years off if anything the aspect of him coming back was more thunder than anyone needed or do you forget the amount of Mayweather is unretiring threads on this board?

Trying to steal some thunder from Pac.. there were already talk about Pac vs Floyd.. and with the fake rib injury and moving the date later to help promote the fight.. Also People also wanted to see how Mayweather will do after retirement.. VS a guy who gave Pac trouble...
            you really believe all this don't you?

Lets not forget.. That Manny vs Cotto did more PVP....
            why would I? I never mentioned Manny's lack of drawing power.

You on the other hand are trying every way possible to refute Mayweather's

and lets say this

say Mayweather Mosley doubles what Manny Cotto does

I mean both are about the same in drawing power

whats does that say about Mayweather when he can double up what Manny did against a similar statused fighter?

But this thread is who is bigger then American.. My answer is Pac.. Floyd is 2nd.. right now..
            and I never disputed that but you and your ilk CLEARLY cannot give Mayweather ANY credit for anything

why is that?

here if you answer only one question explain to me how JMM vs Mayweather did a million buys when:

1. the supposed Mexican star did a paltry 80k buys in his last PPV before the Mayweather PPV?
            2. the haters tuned in moreso than the supporters of Mayweather when it was clear MOST people thought this was a mismatch and JMM had no chance of winning? I mean wouldn't that be a waste of money to the haters if they knew JMM had no chance?

I will await your reply

Comment

Originally posted by Eaner0919 View Post
              why are the faceless? explain please

cmon now

DLH- the most popular fighter since Tyson. You think they aren't going to boo Mayweather

Hatton- UK dollar was strong so they came in droves

JMM- were you there? I was and the booing you said was vastly overstated. In fact when he started to put on a clinic a lot of cheers came out.

DLH and Hatton yes

JMM you are out of your mind.

and what does this have to do with my original question

seriously is it just that you guys cannot give Mayweather ANY credit?

yes it would considering Hatton really has no US based PPV fanbase

and JMM in his PPVs cannot do 100k buys

honestly if you think this is about haters wanting to watch Mayweather lose then you won't ever give Mayweather any credit at all

shame really

to a degree but to say thats solely what they are is short sighted
              Faceless, meaning, who is to say that those PPV #s are PBF fans. The only way to get some type of gauge as to how well-liked PBF is, by who is in attendance at his fights, and his top-grossing fights all tell me that the MGM Grand were overrun with anti-PBF fans.

I don't give a crap if fans were cheering for PBF against JMM when he started outboxing him. The truth is, it was a pro-Mex crowd !!

I never said the only fans that watch PBF are the haters. But, I can tell you this much, the majority of 'em ain't cheerng for him !!

This upcoming fight is a lil different, because, Shane doesn't have the large fanbase Hatton/DLH/JMM have. But, it's safe to say, that fans of those fighters that were beaten by ***** or have interest in it due to a possible mega-matchup against their own fighter will be ordering it, because many of 'em feel Shane can do the job !!

They may hate PBF, but they do acknowledge the man for what he's all about as a fighter !!

So, yes, I expect alot of fairweather/casual fans that's gonna be tuning in. Not because they're necessarily fans of Shane or PBF, but they feel it's gonna be a competitive fight between two world-class fighters.
              Last edited by I'd rather box; 03-23-2010, 06:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X