Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What if Marquez used Pacquiao's tactics and came in at 140-142lbs?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by El Más Mejor View Post
    Unless it's stipulated on the contract, there's no such thing. Remember Pacquiao's weight for a 154lb belt was 144.
    Well think about it. It's Freddy Roach and Pacquiao. They would tro ry to make JMM as big as possible to make him less effective. Im not positive but if I had to guess Pacman probably did have something inthe contract to that extent. Again- Not positive- that's just my take on it.

Comment

Originally posted by S H A R K B O Y View Post
      Pacquiao's streak of "greatness" is only exaggerated due to the quality of opponents he's been facing.
      marquez 2x, morrales, barrera twice, cotto, hatton>>>>>>>>anybody's resume not named bernard hopkins.

Comment

Originally posted by victorythagr8 View Post
        marquez 2x, morrales, barrera twice, cotto, hatton>>>>>>>>anybody's resume not named bernard hopkins.
        Barerra and Cotto are his best wins to date, albeit Cotto was already damaged goods.

Everyone knows JMM schooled Pacquiao, lettuce be cereal. A shot Morales beat Pacquiao once and instead of fighting Raheem, he goes after shot Morales and drains em, twice. Come on son.

Pacquiao's been able to make WW because he's been eating leftovers.

Comment

Originally posted by RL_GMA View Post
          He can come in at 138 if he wants, don't think it'll make a difference truthfully. I don't see JMM winning this fight now.

Yeah I agree but im gonna say whatever weight Marquez gonna come in, he still gonna get KTFO.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeDaWg View Post
            He can come in at 136 and no one would care. It's up to him. The weight isn't for jmm, he can weigh whatever he wants. The "weight demands" are for pacquiao. If pacquiao isn't forced to cut weight, and drain down he's gonna beat the living crap out of marquez.

That's why I have a problem with this fight. If u need one guy to cut weight just to make the fight competitive, maybe there shouldn't be a fight to begin with. If jmm comes in at 136, rehydrates to 145, and pac comes in at 144 and rehydrates to 148, they will both be 100%, and jmm will take a beating. That's the simple truth to it. Jmm has gotten older, pac has gotten better and stronger but older too.
            there i fixed it for you

Comment

Hopkins and Johnson have proven that sometimes age shouldn't be a factor. What should be important dynamics is the type of fights both fighters have been in along with their styles.

Comment

What's gonna be interesting is if both of 'em weigh under the 140s.

Comment

Originally posted by Tamis_Siensya View Post
                  What's gonna be interesting is if both of 'em weigh under the 140s.
                  Giving Pacquiao a taste of his own medicine.

Comment

thread-o-dumbasses talking about yet another BS pacroid fight at a catchweight

Comment

Marquez should definitely come in light, to maintain his speed. Both guys will be close to the same weight on fight night anyway.

Comment

Working...
                      X