No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: News: Groves-Johnson, Evensen Back; Maddalone

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: News: Groves-Johnson, Evensen Back; Maddalone

Glen Johnson has promised to give George Groves a butt kicking when they meet at the ExCeL London on Saturday 15th December.

The Miami based Jamaican challenges Groves for his Commonwealth Super-Middleweight title on promoter Frank Warren’s big end of year extravaganza that also features WBO World Lightweight Champion Ricky Burns and Commonwealth Middleweight Champion Billy Joe Saunders, live and exclusive on BoxNation (Sky Ch. 437/Virgin Ch. 546).
    [Click Here To Read More]

Good fight & nice to see The road warrior getting another tidy payday. I like this fight and think Johnson still has what it takes to give Groves a very tough fight & if he has any underlying chin issues, Glen could expose that.

Comment

I love Groves - but I have a niggling feeling Johnson will KO him.

Comment

Originally posted by Gypsy John Fury View Post
        I love Groves - but I have a niggling feeling Johnson will KO him.
        Really??? I thought Johnson looked every part of his 43 years against Andrzej Fonfara. And Fonfara has been knocked out by a middleweight.

I would not be shocked if Groves won every round.

Comment

Id rather see Johnson go out on his shield against Groves than that Fonfara bum. Win, lose, draw... War Glen!

Comment

Good fight this.

I like Groves. Definitely a good test and name on his record.

Can see it being close with Groves getting a decision. Looking naive at times early but wising up, learning from the road warrior.

I thought Glenn had retired for some reason.

He truly does have such a misleading record.

Comment

I hope so! I think I'm thinking of the Johnson that pressured Froch...

Comment

Working...
              X