Yea Roy was too big for the man.

Comment

Marvin Frasier

Comment

margarito in a 30 round fight

Comment

Originally posted by toluco View Post
                margarito in a 30 round fight
                Lots of the old time fighter went on for much longer that 30 rounds and longer than Margarito ever could.

Comment

I never buy into the "unbeatable" thing. If we're talking closest to unbeatable, and the fighter is on top of his game, Roy Jones @ 168 is up there. Since the division has been in existence since the mid 80s, I don't think any super middleweights beat Jones. You have to go back in time for guys who fought around this range while moving from middleweight to light-heavyweight (Ezzard Charles, Archie Moore), and the footage is limited. Maybe, Michael Spinks makes 168 under the day before weigh-ins, and he beats Jones.

Michael Spinks @ 175 never gave off that awe-inspiring vibe that he was unbeatable, but he had a lot of versatility and adapting abilities. I have a tough time picking other great light-heavyweights over Spinks there.

Roberto Duran had a loss in non-title bout above 135...he was undefeated at the weight limit. I have a tough time picking lightweights over him. The guy I've seen footage of that I give the best chance of beating him is Pernell Whitaker.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryn0 View Post
                    Lots of the old time fighter went on for much longer that 30 rounds and longer than Margarito ever could.
                    yeah margarito woulda been an atg if he fought like in 1930 or 1920
                    his inhuman stamina and resiliance would fit perfectly in 30 40 rounds fights plus back then fighters didnt have so much defensive skills

Comment

Rjj, 168-175 before he moved up to heavyweight.

Hey, where is:

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                      I really shouldnt bother.

Im trying to reason with people who think a professional fighter was unbeatable.

Yet Im supposed to be the irrational one for suggesting he didnt quite fight the best competition.

Waste of time.

I wonder if he would still argue the whole "unbeatable" thing here. The only thing this thread is lacking is a multiple choice.

Comment

Working...
                      X