No announcement yet.

Pernell whitaker vs tito/oscar

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pernell whitaker vs tito/oscar

the pernell that went in to the ring with tito was a diffrent one that went in to the ring with oscar.
    pernell boxed with oscar but stayed flatfooted againts tito.
    could Pernell of he had boxed like he did againts oscar have beat tito?

I think so. The fast boxer was the ideal style to beat Tito I think.

Comment

the boxer whitikar would have made tito quit .... if oscar delahoya had trouble landing his hook no way trinidad lands his much ... he'd quit thats good enough for me lol

Comment

damn everyone hates on tito in these forums

Comment

Originally posted by Rane-Ex54
          damn everyone hates on tito in these forums
          It aint hate, its the truth.
          Tito looked great against alot of fighters, but Sweet Pea made great fighters look very bad.

Oscar, as fast as he is (was), found it nearly impossible to catch him cleanly. He still won, but couldnt land a decent hard shot.

Whitaker was pretty much shot against Tito IMO.

Comment

Whitaker would have problems with Trinidad no matter what.

Tito had good punch selection, a terrific straight right hand, and most importantly, he was considerably bigger than Whitaker. Tito looked inept against the defense of Wright and Hopkins and pretty poor against Oscar, but those are much bigger guys than Whitaker. Taller with longer reaches. Whitaker was like 5'5, 5'6.

Tito beats the Whitaker of 97. The Whitaker of 93-94 at WW would probably beat Tito, although it would not be very easy.

Comment

yo hydro, the people that pernell whitaker beat at lightweight, they were all ranked fighters right?

I honestly think jorge paez ,buddy mcgirt, julio cesar vazquez, greg haugen and roger mayweather have a shot at making the hall of fame.Pernell already beat 3 hall of famers in ramirez, nelson and chavez. I hope that when its all over, he can claim that he beat about 5.

Either way pernell will always have a bigger legacy than both tito and oscar.

Comment

Originally posted by brownpimp88 View Post
                yo hydro, the people that pernell whitaker beat at lightweight, they were all ranked fighters right?

I honestly think jorge paez ,buddy mcgirt, julio cesar vazquez, greg haugen and roger mayweather have a shot at making the hall of fame.Pernell already beat 3 hall of famers in ramirez, nelson and chavez. I hope that when its all over, he can claim that he beat about 5.

Either way pernell will always have a bigger legacy than both tito and oscar.
                I'd have to dig in the old magazine collection to see where they were rated in The Ring. As for the HOF:

McGirt and Vasquez- maybe
                The others- I don't think they'll get in.

Comment

whitaker-Trinidad should have happen as early as 96' but then I think tito will beat sweet pea by that time, as whitaker already had close calls vs Rivera and Hurtado.

Comment

I saw all 9 fights during his reign as the lightweight king, the man was truly unstoppable at that weight.

Comment

Working...
                    X