No announcement yet.

A look at GGG's last 10 opponents KO%

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chollo Vista View Post
    Hardest puncher based off what? The fact that has yet to stop an elite opponent?
    The fact is Lemieux doesn't have a good jab. Doesn't have height/reach/range or classic boxing skills.

that is why his power is great. he became a MW champ with his power alone.

you simply cannot question his power at 86% KO ratio without great technical skills nor other physical advantages.

Comment

Originally posted by HeadShots View Post
      The fact is Lemieux doesn't have a good jab. Doesn't have height/reach/range or classic boxing skills.

that is why his power is great. he became a MW champ with his power alone.

you simply cannot question his power at 86% KO ratio without great technical skills nor other physical advantages.
      You guys are doing a lot of posturing to have only come up with one name in Gabe Rosado for this fierce knockout artist

Comment

Have you seen the alcine fight? Alcine took his punches and literally laughed at him then began to beat him from pillar to post.

Sosa who?

Name one fight Rosado hasn't walked out of it looking like he just got out a car accident
        Alcine took the storm and then started to execute his plan.
        And Rosado usually sees the final bell, Quillin it's a huge puncher himself and Angulo is a heavy handed guy, besides them, no one but Lemiux put down Rosado.

Comment

Originally posted by yngwie View Post
          Alcine took the storm and then started to execute his plan.
          And Rosado usually sees the final bell, Quillin it's a huge puncher himself and Angulo is a heavy handed guy, besides them, no one but Lemiux put down Rosado.
          So your claim to fame for this huge knockout artist is Gabe Rosado?

Is that what you're telling me?

How many losses was Rosado coming off of

Comment

Note to self, if you wanna be labeled a knockout artist all you gotta do is stop Gabe Rosado.

Just don't mention Angulo as being the first because that might mess up the story

Comment

Chollo, GGG cannot punch.

Those Ko's you think you are seeing, they are just an illusion in your head.

His record is 3-57- half a KO.

Comment

So your claim to fame for this huge knockout artist is Gabe Rosado?

Is that what you're telling me?

How many losses was Rosado coming off of
                I never claimed that, just watch him fight and it's impossible to neglect his power, Golovkin couldn't knock down Rosado, so yes, i believe put him down is a really good achievement to his power, Rosado's losses doesn't have anything to do with his chin, he only has 3 knockout losses.
                Just watch at the esthetic of his knockouts, the guys end on the floor cold, at any level that's impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by yngwie View Post
                  I never claimed that, just watch him fight and it's impossible to neglect his power, Golovkin couldn't knock down Rosado, so yes, i believe put him down is a really good achievement to his power, Rosado's losses doesn't have anything to do with his chin, he only has 3 knockout losses.
                  Just watch at the esthetic of his knockouts, the guys end on the floor cold, at any level that's impressive.
                  Golovkin couldn't officially drop Brook either. You know who did? A guy with 30% KO percentage. Weird

The fact that you can only mention Gabe Rosado as a means to justify pepe's power is very telling
                  Last edited by Chollo Vista; 09-29-2016, 11:17 PM.

Comment

Lemieux is a big puncher, but he is the crudest of boxers. I think he is an alright fighter but Golovkin is clearly a superior boxer to him and he used that along with his power to take Lemieux apart. It is a decent win but it is not like he ate huge shots from Lemieux either, to his credit because once again he is a superior boxer to Lemieux. Keep in mind though that being a better boxer than Lemieux does not make someone a great boxer just better than a crude slugger.

Stevens is a decent puncher and so is Rubio, but neither are all that dangerous either because Stevens doesn't really throw many punches and never puts them together and Rubio is pretty crude plus is more of a heavy handed wear a guy down kind of puncher rather than a huge one punch guy.

So while Golovkin has faced some guy who can punch, how much danger did they really present. Limited would be the word I would use, Lemieux could have perhaps but he was not close to being good enough as a boxer.

Comment

Golovkin couldn't officially drop Brook either. You know who did? A guy with 30% KO percentage. Weird

The fact that you can only mention Gabe Rosado as a means to justify pepe's power is very telling
                      Golovkin hit Rosado at will, he connected everything he wanted and still couldn't drop him, i can't say the same about the Brook fight.
                      I said it before and i said it again, power hasn't much to do with resume, Lemieux lacks the skill to capitalize his power.
                      You bring the Brook fact even when you said before that Lemieux couldn't stop Alcine, well, i bring your same point here, you can't knockout everyone.
                      He dropped N'Dam 4 times, only two fighters ever dropped him and one was Quillin who's power is proven.
                      And you can even see how Golovkin fought Lemieux by choosing to box him and explode his openings and not going all front foot like with most of his opponents.

Comment

Working...
                      X