Collapse
No announcement yet.

GGG-Canelo: Oscar confirms verbal agreement reached for Fall 2017

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This fight is starting to loose its luster man..At this point I am not even interested..if it happens great if it don't whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
      Does anyone wonder why boxing is in bad shape in the US. This is like calling a girl at 2am trying to hit dat and saying yea thats cool how about 2 weeks from now.
      But they are going to make us pay for this. This is like calling a call girl at 2am and her telling you 2 weeks from now.

Comment

Originally posted by onetwopunch View Post
        This fight is starting to loose its luster man..At this point I am not even interested..if it happens great if it don't whatever.
        i was never interested since ggg destroys him easily. its actually better that canelo is retreating to 154 so they can have their own careers but it was pathetic watching canelo pretend like he wants to fight lol

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
          ward's not ready for kovalev. i don't think he'll ever be ready to the point that he will win the decision against a guy who throws more and harder, but at least he'd have another fight under his belt at 175 lbs and have a chance to be an active fighter for a change.

so while i agree that they don't "make the fight bigger" it's absolutely to the benefit of boxing fans that they're active and sharp.
          the thing is, ward has had plenty of time to tune up since he disentangled himself from that contract dispute. he could have had 10 tune-ups by now if tuning up was his only concern. after murray lost to golovkin he had three tune-ups in three months. chisora had five in six months before his fight with pulev. so ward's concern is not really tuning up, but basically hustling HBO and roc nation out of some cash by dangling the kovalev carrot in front of everyone while insisting that he gets paid headline money for a string of mismatches in the meantime. fair play to him, i guess, but it does nothing for me as a fan of competitive boxing

Comment

Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
            Anytime I'm out and have mentioned I watch boxing I get strange looks
            I get the same reaction too, or sometimes people mistake it for UFC/MMA.. It seems like boxing has lost its charm since the advent of UFC/MMA..

Comment

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
              the thing is, ward has had plenty of time to tune up since he disentangled himself from that contract dispute. he could have had 10 tune-ups by now if tuning up was his only concern. after murray lost to golovkin he had three tune-ups in three months. chisora had five in six months before his fight with pulev. so ward's concern is not really tuning up, but basically hustling HBO and roc nation out of some cash by dangling the kovalev carrot in front of everyone while insisting that he gets paid headline money for a string of mismatches in the meantime. fair play to him, i guess, but it does nothing for me as a fan of competitive boxing

are martin murray and derrick chisora two of the highest rated boxers in the world in both american TV ratings and P4P? those two couldn't get their tune ups on HBO [ward actually fought on BET as well,] and ward could.

Comment

In Mexico we dont **** around

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                  are martin murray and derrick chisora two of the highest rated boxers in the world in both american TV ratings and P4P? those two couldn't get their tune ups on HBO [ward actually fought on BET as well,] and ward could.
                  the point is they took pay cuts in order to get those fights out of the way and to launch themselves back into contention

ward wouldn't, so getting him tuned up again has turned into a massive, two year long ordeal

Comment

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
                    the point is they took pay cuts in order to get those fights out of the way and to launch themselves back into contention

ward wouldn't, so getting him tuned up again has turned into a massive, two year long ordeal
                    So true. Ward is not interested in boxing, he's heart isn't in it. All he wants is as many tune ups as possible(4 in a row now) for the most cash.

Comment

BULL**** that is just to get the fans to back off so he can try to get them to order a mismatch for his next PPV Fight

I hope fans don't fall for this

Comment

Working...
                      X