Collapse
No announcement yet.

Carl Froch: I'll give Groves a rematch - After Julio Cesar Chavez jr

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Froch should just go ahead with a Groves rematch. I think Chavez Jr. will probably get his undeserved shot at Sakio Bika. If Froch and Chavez Jr. win their respective fights then a fight between them in the 4th quarter of this year would be huge.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
      Froch doesn't need to worry about paper straps at this point at his age and status in the division, he should snag the payday against burrito boy and then fight Groves again.
      Chavez Jr. is not going to fight Froch for s**ts and giggles, he'll want a world title on the line. And Froch's W.B.A. title doesn't count, it's not even the full one. Froch is between a rock and a hard place.

Comment

its not guaranteed that chaves beats vera. isnt that fight a go

Comment

Froch is a little ***** & im betting my house on groves in the rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
            He knows Groves is a harder fight probably, Groves is young he can wait let Froch batter this spoiled brat first who wouldn't want to see that, then after give Groves his rematch.
            And be stripped of the title and so make less against chavez jnr (if chavez even still wants it) ... and then have casual fans lose interest in the groves rematch after that?

Why not keep his belt, beat groves legitimately while it is still the fight the fans want to see, let chavez beat Bika and THEN after he's beaten groves a second time fight Chavez in a much bigger money unification fight?

Financially a much better scenario ... the only problem ... Froch obviously wants to avoid fighting groves again ... why is that i wonder...

Comment

Originally posted by House of Stone View Post
              And be stripped of the title and so make less against chavez jnr (if chavez even still wants it) ... and then have casual fans lose interest in the groves rematch after that?

Why not keep his belt, beat groves legitimately while it is still the fight the fans want to see, let chavez beat Bika and THEN after he's beaten groves a second time fight Chavez in a much bigger money unification fight?

Financially a much better scenario ... the only problem ... Froch obviously wants to avoid fighting groves again ... why is that i wonder...
              we all know why....

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
                Taylor simply didn't have the stamina to go 12 rounds with an opponent like Froch at 168. Froch dominated the second half of that fight.

i was at that fight, dawg.

jermain taylor was done by the time carl froch got to him. you definitely won't find anybody but a biased brit saying otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                  i was at that fight, dawg.

jermain taylor was done by the time carl froch got to him. you definitely won't find anybody but a biased brit saying otherwise.
                  Froch didn't even want the fight.

Did he look 'done' in the Lacy fight?

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post
                    These threads are ridiculous. Always kiddie nitpicking arguments bumped by the OP. Mods should warn lacedup.
                    Welcome to ignore.

Comment

Working...
                    X