Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If everyone was the same colour and religion didn't exist would there still be wars?.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People kill for parking spaces at the mall or because someone cut them off take religion and color away and nothing will change

Comment

No. Because I have green eyes, you will get jelly, call me the devil and try to kill me and my colored eye brethren.

Comment

Yes! Human nature is stupid like that

Comment

Some interesting replies.

We probably would see a downturn in wars. I think you're right though, if it's not one thing it will be the other (fighting over land etc).

Comment

because of the eternal conflict of the id (instinctual, immediate gratification, pleasure) and the superego (morality, conscience) that takes place constantly inside our minds, yes i believe wars will still happen...

and damn that ego which is suppose to serve as the balance between the two is a shamelessly biased towards the id... this mechanism inside our psyche going on is the root cause for all the quarrels big and small that has taken place and will take place in the future...

Comment

If there were no race or religion there would still be the quest for power and control as well as greed. Many wars that were disguised as religious wars or moral wars were/are actually wars for power.

Comment

That's impossible. Human beings aren't ants. Everyone is different. Everyone sees things differently at different times.

That could only happen if we were all ruled under a tyrant and kept in check with fear.

Even then there would be revolutions. You can't keep the human spirit down, someone will always rise up in times of great need and others will follow.
                Last edited by DARKSEID; 05-29-2013, 04:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Strictly_UG View Post
                  That's impossible. Human beings aren't ants. Everyone is different. Everyone sees things differently at different times.

That could only happen if we were all ruled under a tyrant and kept in check with fear.

Even then there would be revolutions. You can't keep the human spirit down, someone will always rise up in times of great need and others will follow.
                  You've obviously never laced 'em up.

Mr Ehrmantraut .

Comment

Originally posted by RightJab View Post
                    Yup, just not as much. As a species we're twats for lack of a more articulate way of saying it.

Already been said a few times, it's in our nature, in-built. The self-destructive nature of the human condition.
                    ^^^this pretty much breaks it down to simple terms.
                    We are both self-destructive and constructive. Guess who's going to win in the log run.

Comment

See Bloods and cribs x1000000.

Comment

Working...
                      X