Let's say Gamboa dominates Rios...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gamboa vs madiana at 140!!! madiana is kinda gamboas size

Comment

generally, i would side against, believing that manny would obliterate gamboa, and while it more than likely would happen, speed in boxing is the great equalizer and gamboa has as much of it as Pacquiao..

Comment

Originally posted by El C@cique@PR View Post
        Juanma looked like a JMW in the Salido fight.
        didn't help him any though eh?

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
          gamboa isn't a prospect he's a champion. he's 29 years old. granted he hasn't fought an elite fighter but he's no prospect
          Elite fighter is the key for me.

Canelo is a champion, but until he beats someone of worth, he's still a prospect to me. IMO, Gamboa is in the same boat.

Heck, he's not even a PPV fighter yet. The way I see it, if you're not in the upper tier, or haven't fought or beaten an elite fighter, you're still a prospect.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
            Elite fighter is the key for me.

Canelo is a champion, but until he beats someone of worth, he's still a prospect to me. IMO, Gamboa is in the same boat.

Heck, he's not even a PPV fighter yet. The way I see it, if you're not in the upper tier, or haven't fought or beaten an elite fighter, you're still a prospect.
            How you chose to view things is fine, and your position is well taken, but definitions are there so we can all understand each other better. A prospect is generally understood to be someone who is yet to become a champion. Gamboa has been a champion. Alvarez is a current champion. By definition, neither are prospects. You have some exceedingly high standards if everyone is a "prospect" until they've fought or beaten an elite fighter.

Comment

I say Arum immediately makes Gamboa vs Pacquiao at a catchweight of somewhere around 142-144, not at 140 even though in that new article Arum says Pac is barely 140lbs and has to eat a lot for 144. That was not the case for the Marquez fight at WW. Pac will want the advantage and ask for the fight to be above 140. Still a very good fight that I would love to see regardless the weight, it would just be a fun fight while it lasts. And we can also possibly get Mayweather-Martinez while Pac-Gamboa is happening.

This scenario that I stated is of course if Mayweather-Pacquiao keeps falling through.

The next 3 fights I want to see May and Pac in if it's not vs eachother.

Pac: Bradley June 9th, Gamboa if he wins November, Marquez IV

Mayweather: Canelo, Martinez, ???Don't know.

Comment

gamboa,,, lol cant belive *******s are tryin to justify him as a good oppent,,

if he fought ortiz,, bradley then maybe fight amir khan,, then id shut up!

but not gamboa,, bradley,,, or pee pee mouth

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
                  I'm really not sure with Gamboa.

Maybe Bradley or a Joan Guzman fight will interest me.

At this stage, even if he beats Rios, he's not ready for Pac. Two complete different types of fighters.
                  this he doesnt deserve a shot at the champ let him beat some one like that then yes make it happen

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                    I say Arum immediately makes Gamboa vs Pacquiao at a catchweight of somewhere around 142-144, not at 140 even though in that new article Arum says Pac is barely 140lbs and has to eat a lot for 144. That was not the case for the Marquez fight at WW. Pac will want the advantage and ask for the fight to be above 140. Still a very good fight that I would love to see regardless the weight, it would just be a fun fight while it lasts. And we can also possibly get Mayweather-Martinez while Pac-Gamboa is happening.

This scenario that I stated is of course if Mayweather-Pacquiao keeps falling through.

The next 3 fights I want to see May and Pac in if it's not vs eachother.

Pac: Bradley June 9th, Gamboa if he wins November, Marquez IV

Mayweather: Canelo, Martinez, ???Don't know.
                    I would like to see him fight bradley first then rematch marquez and if gamboa keeps winning at the higher weight then he gets a shot.

Comment

Even tho this wont happen for obvious reasons....I would love to see Gamboa vs Linares at 135.

If he is going after Manny, then I say beat Rios then face someone like Alvarado or Judah at 140 as a prelude to a Pacquiao fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X