No announcement yet.

Freddie Roach says GGG handpicks and doesnt sell tickets

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by King- View Post
    Hmm. 8500 tickets out of 9000 seats, his first time at MSG, against an unknown Aussie...... sounds pretty solid to me

How does Golovkin "handpick?" Guys are lining up to fight him, right?
    Golovkin did not sell that many tickets. Those reports were proven false. Heck they even had an article on this site saying it was bogus.

Comment

Originally posted by King- View Post
      Well he certainly doesn't handpick opponents!

He fought the best available opponent on July 26th
      He has hand picked picked a few cherries. Ishida and Adama for example.

Originally posted by bopbopbbe View Post
      Quit using the floyd excuse. So ppl should only fight other fighters with the same size fan base that makes sense. If golovkin doesnt sell then what does that make andy lee and Sergio Martinez. Both of them sell jack ****. And i guarentee cotto will make more fighting ggg.
      I'm not using any excuses. I'm just agreeing with what Roach said and explaining why he is right.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
        Come on, ...... everyone knew that Manny was going to fight Cotto who had beat Mosley anyways. Manny and Cotto were TR fighters and Cotto brought in the money that Mosley would not have ..... It happened a few fights later but Mosley was already way past his prime.

BTW - If Mosley said yes to Roach's demands, it still would have been Cotto .....

Comment

Lol.......

Comment

Originally posted by Interloper View Post
            Fixed it for you.
            It didn't need fixing. If Cotto is too small to be middleweight champ then step down from the title instead of changing the world's middleweight title into the Jr. middleweight title. The same thing goes for Mayweather not fighting the best 154 pounders at the full weight of 154. GGG is the real middleweight champion and now he is fighting Cotto's mandatory middleweight challenger while Cotto decides which 154 pounder he will fight for his 160 pound title. You know damn well it's not right. It's BS.

Comment

Cotto won't fight GGG hence his team must come up with excuses

Comment

Working...
              X