Android market share falls 13 percent amid Apple increase

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Android market share falls 13 percent amid Apple increase

We have long believed that many Android devices wind up in desk drawers, gathering dust, while Apple gadgets go bopping around on the web. That suspicion was confirmed Friday morning by new browser data showing Android usage is down 13 percent while iOS use is up. The figures by Net Applications once more illustrate the many ways to pick winners and losers.

According to Net Applications, an Internet measurement firm that tracks browser usage, the percent of mobile browser using Android has fallen 13 percent after peaking at 28 percent in November 2012. By contrast, browsers on iOS rose since October 2012 following Apple introducing the iPhone 5 and iPad mini…

Today’s numbers appear to contradict Thursday’s figures released by research firm IDC.

We reported at the time that Samsung’s Android-based smartphones had more than doubled its market share, jumping to 15 percent of the tablet market from 7.3 percent in 2011. Additionally, IDC reported Apple’s 48.1 percent year-over-year growth was overwhelmed by Samsung’s Android entry.

Android’s new gatekeeper is now fully operational at Googleplex.

Net Applications’ figures are being given more authority by observers such as Fortune’s Philip Elmer-DeWitt.

Unlike IDC, which seems to pull numbers out of thin air, Net Applications is actually counting something: The browser data from 160 million users per month weighted geographically according to the number of users in each country.

He noted that of the five tablet makers ranked by IDC, only Apple provides unit sales.

Android’s numbers are expected to rise once the next version code-named Key Lime Pie lands with Google’s Chrome as the default Chrome browser.

Until that happens, some people will always be quick to point out the discrepancy between Android winning the mobile battle and its low 24.5 percent share of web traffic.

http://www.idownloadblog.com/2013/02...ownloadBlog%29

I like the way these fandroids like to spout sales figures when these figures aren't actually sales figures from Android devices but shipped figures.

Devices shipped does not equal devices sold. Apple give sales figures.

Comment

Originally posted by GUMBIE View Post
      I like the way these fandroids like to spout sales figures when these figures aren't actually sales figures from Android devices but shipped figures.

Devices shipped does not equal devices sold. Apple give sales figures.
      You know what I like?

The way both parties never seem to STFU about it.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
        You know what I like?

The way both parties never seem to STFU about it.
        I like how Gumbie said be afraid of Apples release of Quarter1, and then when Apple shares went down, he went silent LOL.

Then this peepee, a ghetto Burminghum lad, the accent of that guy who attacked Amir Khan, is he black, is he white? He's mixed.

Comment

Lol why are you being racist?

Comment

bringer cant you ban these foos

Comment

I like how all macfags get there info from Irandomwebsite.com or Macdailynews....

Comment

Originally posted by TensionKiller View Post

Then this peepee, a ghetto Burminghum lad, the accent of that guy who attacked Amir Khan, is he black, is he white? He's mixed.

You guys are all as bad as each other, total fan-boys without a damn cause, preaching like religious leaders

But once it get racial or you start throwing insults around or personal attacks, its a pretty sad state of affairs

Comment

Originally posted by piye View Post
                  Lol why are you being racist?
                  How was I racist you imbecile?

What the **** did I say that was racist.

You ****ing idiot.

Comment

When someone accuses you of being racist, then they are saying that you are a racist, and to be called racist is a big MOFO'in thing. Mofo how dare you call me racist when there was no such thing that was RACIST. I challenge your pathetic racist accusing ass to prove that what I said was racist. I challenge your simple minded brain that needs a simple phone made out of metal because your unflattering body can not look after a phone without needing metal to survive your daily lifestyle of taking pictures of your dinner and Facebooking it I Phone styley. You mofo of a mofo better come back with something hard, not some IOS6 Apple maps Mofo ****, if you reply at an Apple level I Phone 5 response, I will slap that mofo ***** ass racist accusing mofo **** back in your ugly MOFO face and I will attempt to find where your girl works (I assume somewhere with boarded up windows called Crystals that offers massages) and buy her roses, chocolates and a nice pendant on Valentines and show her my hairy back, a back a real man has, unlike yourself.
                    Last edited by TensionKiller; 02-02-2013, 02:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X