Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fan of both Pac and Cotto......whats your take on 144-145 catch weight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fan of both Pac and Cotto......whats your take on 144-145 catch weight?

I think its fair....................considering Miguel's postfight lifestyle..........................whats your take on the issue?..........mine is 140-143...pac is a *****..............146-147 Cotto is a *****...................

To be honest I am sick of all the catch weight rubbish.

If they fight I want it to be at 147.

Comment

I feel like if Pac feels he can fight at his best at 143... then let him.
      But let Cotto fight at his best, at 147.

Beat him at his best... or don't fight him.
      If Pac wants to come in lighter, then that's fine.

If Manny Pac wants to be the welterweight champion, by beating the welterweight champion... then do it at welterweight. And I don't want to hear "well technically anything between 141lbs and 147lbs is welterweight."

When someone asks what weight is welterweight... I say 147lbs.

I don't say... "Welllllllll anywhere between 141lbs and 147lbs reallyyy.."

Beat Cotto at his best, or wait until you can..

So I say if Manny wants to come in lighter to keep his speed, like Floyd came in lighter against DLH... then I don't see the big deal... but don't make the champion suffer, beat him at his best.

That's my personal opinion.
      Last edited by THE REED; 06-18-2009, 11:09 PM.

Comment

me too **** catchweight, manny wont be ableto claim 6 division or whatever, not that he's winning cuz he's getting knocked the f.uck out.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan... View Post
          To be honest I am sick of all the catch weight rubbish.

If they fight I want it to be at 147.
          That would be ideal.............but you do know Pac last official weight was 137-138............................and Cottos lifestyle and postfight drinking could help him make 144-145 with ease................anyway id rather not see this match anyway..................i think.................lol

Comment

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
            I feel like if Pac feels he can fight at his best at 143... then let him.
            But let Cotto fight at his best, at 147.

Beat him at his best... or don't fight him.
            If Pac wants to come in lighter, then that's fine.

If Manny Pac wants to be the welterweight champion, by beating the welterweight champion... then do it at welterweight. And I don't want to hear "well technically anything between 141lbs and 147lbs is welterweight."

When someone asks what weight is welterweight... I say 147lbs.

I don't say... "Welllllllll anywhere between 141lbs and 147lbs reallyyy.."

Beat Cotto at his best, or wait until you can..

That's my personal opinion.

well thats ideal.............i agree........do you think post fight gain should be enforced?.............do you think 145 is a big deal?...............Cotto came in at 146 at the clottey fight...................his partying..............should be regulated.............i think he makes 145 easy...................

Comment

I'd also like to add, you know Cotto blows up in between fights, which means that he DOES dehydrate to make 147lbs. When you are ALREADY dehydrating... 2 POUNDS IS a big deal. And JUST because he JUST made 146lbs.... doesnt have anything to do with his NEXT fight... his next training camp... where he HAS to weigh 145lbs now.

Cotto has to do it all over again... it's not like he just STAYS 146LBS in between fights. And now all he has to do is weigh 1 pound less.

NO... he has to do the dehydration process all over again... only now its even FURTHER..

And it's not like Cotto looked AWESOME in the Clottey fight... regardless, he didn't.

So saying he JUST made 146lbs in his last fight... well if that's an indication of what one pound makes... then I don't want to see two..
              Last edited by THE REED; 06-18-2009, 11:16 PM.

Comment

145-147 is workable for both. imo pac wouldnt feel any difference at 147

Comment

manny is religious right? so why not ask god to give him the strength to fight cotto @ 147 lbs.

Comment

I dont get why it would be 144 or 145....does pac really think 2 or 3 less pounds is gonna make that big of a difference?

I think it should be at 147 cause thats the weightclass cotto fights at not 144.

Why doesnt pac just risk 3 ****king pounds to be able to claim another title, its ridiculous to me

Comment

Working...
                    X