Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brooklyn's Shemuel Pagan to make pro boxing debut August 21, vows to be a role model

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brooklyn's Shemuel Pagan to make pro boxing debut August 21, vows to be a role model

"Shemuel Pagan doesn't do things quietly.

From stockpiling amateur titles to being arrested for coming to the aid of his father during a melee, Pagan, a flashy southpaw from Brooklyn, has always attracted attention.

It shouldn't be a surprise that Pagan, 22, announced he will turn pro at a news conference on Tuesday flanked by Mark Breland and Teddy Atlas.

Boxers rarely make such public announcements these days and seldom in such good company.

But there was Pagan, standing in front of a small crowd at the Mendez Boxing gym, quoting from the Old Testament, smiling excitedly, and declaring that he would donate his first professional purse of $1,000 to the Dr. Theodore A. Atlas Foundation.

His pro debut will take place on Saturday, Aug. 21 at the Prudential Center in Newark on a show headlined by Tomasz Adamek and Michael Grant."

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/mo...#ixzz0wsx0PyTA

I picked this in the article: "How can I dress like a thug and speak with slang and expect to be a role model?" Shemuel said. "I want people to look up to me."
    Last edited by 'Sugar' Freddi; 08-17-2010, 12:30 PM.
Working...
X