No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Brian Magee Rules Out Retirement, Plans To Fight On

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Brian Magee Rules Out Retirement, Plans To Fight On

Brian Magee has ruled out retirement after his world title was ripped away by Mikkel Kessler at the weekend.

Magee's first defence of his WBA super-middleweight belt was ruthlessly cut short by Kessler, who halted the Belfast fighter with body shots in the third round in Denmark.

The 37-year-old has struggled at the top level, losing in the past to Carl Froch and Lucian Bute, but Magee remains confident he can still hold his own in a division packed with big names.

"When I took that first punch to the body it sent ripples of pain right throughout my body," he told the Belfast Telegraph. "It caught me right on the sweet spot, at the point of the solar plexus which just takes your breath away.

[Click Here To Read More]

I still have yet to see this KO. Everything else this past weekend was overshadowed obviously.

Comment

Originally posted by ddangerous View Post
      I still have yet to see this KO. Everything else this past weekend was overshadowed obviously.
      The Ko blow wasnt that impressive, the body shot for the first KD was brutal though

Comment

Originally posted by gingeralbino View Post
        The Ko blow wasnt that impressive, the body shot for the first KD was brutal though
        very cool.

Comment

i still wouldnt mind seeing him in with degale and/or groves

Comment

Magee certainly looked better against the other top guys in Bute and Froch, than he did against Kessler, so maybe one can understand that he wants to continue. Still he is 37 now and it's not everyone that has a body like Hopkins.

All the best to Magee here from Denmark. He beat Larsen and Markussen. 2 out of 3 ain't bad.

Comment

Originally posted by ddangerous View Post

Comment

Why would he retire, he's a good fighter but not top tier

Comment

Go back to the club level and get a few more decent sized paydays.

Or continue to be a KO victim to the top level.

Not a bad career route to take.

Comment

When I took that first punch to the body it sent ripples of pain right throughout my body
                    Nice to hear a fighter actually telling the truth in graphic detail for once, rather than blowing it off by saying shit like "Naw, I weren't hurt. I was just buyin' some time, naw'm sayin'? Dat ref be raciss and sheeyet" (generic response from no fighter in particular).

Comment

Working...
                    X