No announcement yet.

Good calisthenics routine for speed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good calisthenics routine for speed

Anyone know a good calisthenics routine for building speed and power.

My current gym routine is a mix of calisthenics and light weights, tell me what you think of it.

chin ups (can't do pull ups cus wrist injury) 3x10
    trx rows 3x10
    lat pull down 3x20
    rows/pully machine 3x20
    military press 3x15
    dips superset with close in push ups til failure 5 sets
    bench dips til failure 3 sets

That's my gym routine with bodyweight mixed with light weights, can someone share their gym routine or calisthenics routine that they think might be better for speed and power? Also endurance of course

Shadowboxing

Comment

Sorry buddy, speed and power come through repetition of proper technique.

But if there is one thing I'd recommend, it's lots of core/leg work.

All that stuff you mentioned will make you stronger, which is obviously good. But most of your punching power comes from the legs and the core.

Your routine is is basically all upper body.

Comment

Originally posted by AddiX View Post
        Sorry buddy, speed and power come through repetition of proper technique.

But if there is one thing I'd recommend, it's lots of core/leg work.

All that stuff you mentioned will make you stronger, which is obviously good. But most of your punching power comes from the legs and the core.

Your routine is is basically all upper body.
        yeeeeeee doe
        Originally posted by MoneyBoyTBE View Post
        Shadowboxing
        ^ #1

conclusion:
        shadow box. slow... and slowly increase the pace.... keep pushing it.....

like skip rope... start with 1 skip... then double under... then triple...

but then face it, genetics beats all that anyways. ahueiahiuaeihehaihahuaiheuaheihaea

Comment

Thanks everyone i forgot to add i do lots of bodyweight core work! and I know proper technique is the best way for speed! I am starting to shadow box everyday for just 20 minutes. And I don't much legs as my legs are achey from running and we do a lot of bodyweight and jump squats at the boxing gym. I was just wondering what calisthenic routine I could do in spare time to help, I practice technique a lot at the boxing gym, and I practice speed with proper technique while shadow boxing and genetically I'm quite a small guy, but I been told I am fast however I feel like I could be faster, like I feel a bit stiff when punching sometimes and punches slow down a lot when I tire out too easy

Comment

A good speed drill is go on the double end bag
            Practice your punches as fast as you can 30 seconds
            Rest for 30 seconds and repeat this speed drill ten times.
            Plus staying in shape and practicing your technique slowly overtime will increase your speed as you progress into a better boxer.

Comment

Try mixing in clapping pushups with your regular pushups. For example after every ten reps of regulars do two or three clapping ones, then go back to regulars again for ten reps.

Comment

Working...
              X