No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: “Fighting Words” - Make or Break for Canelo and Broner

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: “Fighting Words” - Make or Break for Canelo and Broner

by David P. Greisman - Last year was supposed to set up this year for Canelo Alvarez and Adrien Broner.

Instead, 2013 has turned 2014 into a make-or-break year for them.

Winning won’t necessarily make Alvarez or Broner into the next Floyd Mayweather or Manny Pacquiao. But neither man can afford a loss, not if he wants the opportunity to take over the pay-per-view empire after Mayweather and Pacquiao retire.

Mayweather, who turns 37 in February, remains the greatest attraction in the sport today. He just set revenue and ticket sales records this past September with his win over Alvarez, and he has another four events remaining in his blockbuster deal with Showtime.

That victory — and the fact that both men work with Golden Boy Promotions — ensured that Mayweather has first dibs on the coveted Cinco de Mayo and Mexican Independence Day weekends in May and September, which have become the traditional dates for some of boxing’s biggest pay-per-views. [Click Here To Read More]

Canelo has less to prove he was beaten soundly by the best, while Broner was a soft bum before he was flattened by Maidana. I guess in some ways that takes away from the Maidana win but it is what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Slip Stream View Post
      Canelo has less to prove he was beaten soundly by the best, while Broner was a soft bum before he was flattened by Maidana. I guess in some ways that takes away from the Maidana win but it is what it is.
      agreed , canelo although he got schooled it was by Floyd yet broner was all the rage and he got schooled by a guy although very good supposed to be "EASY WORK"
      canelo has nothing to be ashamed of !

Comment

Canelo vs Angulo, Great exciting fight time for boxing fans.

Maidana put on a great performance against Broner.

Comment

3 ppvs in 3 months? Maybe 4 if Cotto-Martinez is finalized. SO 4 ppvs in four months so that would be about 60x4= $240! Yay boxing! Damn to be a fan of boxing you gotta be rich lol smh

Comment

Originally posted by 1pnchndn View Post
            3 ppvs in 3 months? Maybe 4 if Cotto-Martinez is finalized. SO 4 ppvs in four months so that would be about 60x4= $240! Yay boxing! Damn to be a fan of boxing you gotta be rich lol smh
            I think Canelo/Angulo on PPV is a joke. That ish should be on reg Showtime, not PPV.

Comment

Broner who?!

Comment

Originally posted by Slip Stream View Post
                Exactly what I think, Canelo was beaten, just the way he was meant to, by one of the best in the business.

Broner on the other hand has EVERYTHING to prove, he was battered, knocked down and beat up by Maidana, who is nothing more than a slugger with slow feet and slow hands.

Canelo has managed a very, very close win against Trout and will soon be fighting Angulo. Angulo has the power to trouble Canelo but he is damn slow and I think Canelo can beat him.

Broner has to avenge the Maidana loss and look great doing it.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
                  Exactly what I think, Canelo was beaten, just the way he was meant to, by one of the best in the business.

Broner on the other hand has EVERYTHING to prove, he was battered, knocked down and beat up by Maidana, who is nothing more than a slugger with slow feet and slow hands.

Canelo has managed a very, very close win against Trout and will soon be fighting Angulo. Angulo has the power to trouble Canelo but he is damn slow and I think Canelo can beat him.

Broner has to avenge the Maidana loss and look great doing it.
                  I got Canelo over Angulo as well, I think he outpoints the guy. Alvarez can box and just because he couldn't hang with Floyd doesn't negate that. Maidana is too limited and his limitations exposed Broner's to the full light of day. Honestly he should stick to rap or maybe he should take up origami or fingerpainting?

Comment

Broner is going to get beat down again. He doesn't belong at 147. He has strength but not enough to do significant damage to any of the guys up there. Maidana is going to walk him down again.

Comment

Working...
                    X