Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm sure we can all Agree, Floyd Mayweather Jr's career is FLAWLESS.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm sure we can all Agree, Floyd Mayweather Jr's career is FLAWLESS.

Floyd Mayweather has "Flawless" Career
    October 10th, 2011
    Samaarah choubak

Let us pay some respect to a living legend who is the unbeaten Floyd Mayweather we know it's now 42 wins with no losses, he's totally relaxed these days visiting Washington DC the other night to taste the nightlife again and inviting the whole city to join him.

One thing I like to say that he does really well is to divert all the attention to him, especially during other high profile boxing events and activities. He sure knows how to market himself and everyone just falls for it, that's a good thing in this business; market yourself as you are the best name in boxing after all. With a flawless professional record no one can deny he is undoubtedly a magnificent boxer, with some skills that are not matched by anyone else in this decade.

He still continues to stick by his guns and wants Manny Pacquiao to take the test and is fairly bored the way Oscar De La Hoya and Victor Ortiz are complaining about his fight with Ortiz recently, yawn so are we, let’s move on who's next for Mayweather? Can anyone match his skills and quality? Is anyone good enough? Does anyone have the heart, mind and soul to reach that level that Mayweather is at the moment and be allowed to step into the ring and be on the same platform as Mayweather? There may be one contender the young Amir Khan from the UK who says that Mayweather has agreed to fight him on the same day that he was having his press conference about his own fight against Peterson. Khan will move up a division from the140lb to proceed to the next weight class and perhaps fight another fight after Peterson. The options are still open for Mayweather and his camp is successful, with the recent win with Jessie Vargas from the Mayweather gym in Vegas.

Even though Mayweather is drained in riches he is surrounded by a loving and ordinary family, in this year we have a seen and heard a great amount of what he does in his spare time even it is making money on the basketball and baseball games, he has a nonprofit making foundation and its mission is to empower and encourage community alliances and impact youth leadership.

Who else is in his ranking? He's the five division world champion, where he won nine world titles in five different boxing weight classes, another fight for him has to be something the whole world wants to see and be entertained by, if not another crack at the Big Show perhaps, he's going to be the same Mayweather wherever you turn, regardless of what he does he's got a flawless record and people love him.

http://www.8countnews.com/news/125/A...011-10-10.html

Good read, check it out fight fans!

Comment

Under achiever, imo.

I say that because he could have gone down as a top 20 all time great, but he wont. I mean maybe he still can if he pulls a bhop and takes some crazy challenges late in his career but I doubt that. The retirements, extended vacations, just plain inactivity, etc., too much wasted time when he was on top of his game and the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
        Under achiever, imo.

I say that because he could have gone down as a top 20 all time great, but he wont. I mean maybe he still can if he pulls a bhop and takes some crazy challenges late in his career but I doubt that. The retirements, extended vacations, just plain inactivity, etc., too much wasted time when he was on top of his game and the sport.
        How?

Who could he have beaten besides Pacquaio that would elevate his ranking that drastically?

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
          How?

Who could he have beaten besides Pacquaio that would elevate his ranking that drastically?
          Cotto back in 2008. But even a win against Cotto wouldn't do much because its pretty much been proven that Cotto is a B+ fighter.

Comment

How?

Prime Kostya Tszyu comes to mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Chups View Post
              Prime Kostya Tszyu comes to mind.
              Floyd was a superfeatherweight when Tszyu was in his prime. By the time Floyd got to light welterweight Tszyu was way past it.

Comment

If he had beaten Cotto, Margarito, Pacquiao and then moved up to middleweight and beaten Martinez then i would rank him right up there with Sugar Ray Leonard too be honest.

Comment

How?

Cotto when he was undefeated. Margarito when he was a beast. P-Will when he was a beast. Pacquiao obviously. Tszyu certainly would have helped.

Realistically, if he would have done all those things, my god, there is no possible way someone could have hated on him and it's not unrealistic he would have beat all of those guys.

He could have done something stupid crazy too like move up and out-box kelly pavlik at MW when he had the belts. I honestly could see him outboxing pavlik. Some cherry on top accomplishment like that would have sealed the deal.
                  Last edited by ИATAS; 10-11-2011, 03:39 PM.

Comment

Underachiever given way too much importance. He could make his career by beating the FOTD. No matter what Floyd does now, he can never be the FOTD, he cant turn back time.
                    But beating the FOTD must be his goal now. At least one of them anyway.

Comment

Working...
                    X