Emanuel Steward Interview: "Thomas Hearns Hurts Floyd Mayweather"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dynamite Kid View Post
    FCUK OFF!!!

Thread after thread is about the ****. If its not about him, its about Cotto, and its related in somehow to him.

Larryx you are not a hugger, because you defend him. You are a hugger,because you dont stop talking about him, and because you say stupid **** like he would destroy Hearns, and beat Whitaker clearly.

I can bump your Whitaker/Mayweather thread if you like ?
    if i said it i meant it..but you dont even like floyd and have 2 floyd threads on the ****ing front page..**** if you dont like him talk about a fighter you do like and quit ****ting on mine

Comment

Originally posted by larryx View Post
      if i said it i meant it..but you dont even like floyd and have 2 floyd threads on the ****ing front page..**** if you dont like him talk about a fighter you do like and quit ****ting on mine

****ting on MINE ? dont cry on me Larry FFS.

This is why YOU are hugger Larryx

Originally Posted by larryx View Post
      floyd beats duran and hearns..and probaly loses to srl

Comment

Originally posted by sugarshanenas View Post
        of course...hearns has the style to kill mayweather
        yep, its a bad style match up for floyd. tall, lanky, power, movement, good jab, etc...

floyd's only ace would be hearns' chin, but floyd doesn't have the power to really exploit it w/ one shot.

Comment

who doesn't Hearns give major problems to at welter? Floyd and everybody else would be hurt by him.

Comment

1st of all, nobody can really deny skillwise, floyd ****s on hearns, no doubt. size is the onyl thing hearns has over floyd, and it cracks me up whe i read threads like this and threads like srl would kill him because they hit harder than him and was faster than him and faced much better competiton than him and all that other bull**** as if floyd has really ever been in serious trouble in his fights. i mean, this guy is considered one of the most technically sound, close to perfect fighters there ever was. roy jones jr, who many of you say was the best you ever seen, called mayweather a complete fighter. he did almost everything right and made it look easy. so how can you judge and say who would ko him, when he's never been ko'ed, let alone knocked down and hurt to a serious degree. zab had the flash off balance shoit on him and his glove touched the canvas, he's never even been knocked on his ass in a professional fight, never...his defense is subperb, his ring generalship is 2nd to none. his ability to counterpunch his opponents off of the block, whether the shoulder roll or hand block is a thing of beauty. this kid can do it all. the only thing that really makes him a little vulnerable is his brittle hands, that's really it, which is why he could hang in there and give competiton to any fighter of the past, hearns included, srl included, hagler, duran, pryor, benitez, whitaker, whoever, it doesn't matter. none of them would beat him easily like you calim with your hatred. you know why because he has never been beaten, let alone beaten easily. now, are they good enough to beat him? hell yeah they are imo. but floyd is also good enough to beat them all, he is that skilled. he moved up the ranks and did so much better than srl and hearns and duran. he stayed undefeated. people can talk about his resume until they are blue in the face, but floyd has made champions look foolish and fought through tough battles, pulled through hand injuries and fought bigger guys and beat them all. his skillset imo is the best skillset of the last 5 decades. i'm talking eveything. he is the most technically superior fighter of his generation and possibly the last 5 generations. that can argued, as far as past greats knocking him out though and beating him easily, you dumb ****s are fooled, seriously fooled. put the coke down, it's really chalk...

Comment

Why does everyone assume that height would give Floyd so much trouble? I think height wouldnt bother a guy like Floyd at all. I actually think the opposite. I think he would be a taller guy easier then he would be a shorter guy. His only problem is his weight and physicaly he is just not a real WW which would give all those guys the advantage over him but if they were the same size and Hearns was just taller then that wouldnt bother Floyd at all because he's so fundementaly sound, has a great D, and had great technique. I still say that its nearly impossible for a right hander to hit him clean while he's in his prime

Comment

emanuel steward can have his opinion all he wants, but that's all it is. he doesn't fight does he? he don't know ****...he speculates. that all he does. remember, he said sharmba mitchell would give floyd problems, what happened there? this was doing the corley fight...boy what the **** was he on that night? sharmba didn't do ****. he was going to favor baldomir over floyd, if floyd didn't train properly. floyd walked through baldomir doing practically nothing, and won every round. steward needs to give floyd his props and stop all the speculating, coz he always turn out to be wrong when it comes to mayweather. he claimed he never considered floyd great during the oscar fight, when he did earlier in floyd's career. imo, emanuel is a puppet on a string for critics of floyd. i guarantee you, if steward ever trained a fighter against floyd, i don't care if it's cotto, marg, taylor, mosley, floyd makes them look foolish. i would love to see floyd fight hearns and srl and duran and pryor. floyd is an animal, he fight any type of fight and he can beat these guys just as much as they could beat him.

Comment

Thomas Hearns Hurts Anybody.

Comment

Originally posted by pbftxrs316 View Post
                    1st of all, nobody can really deny skillwise, floyd ****s on hearns, no doubt. size is the onyl thing hearns has over floyd, and it cracks me up whe i read threads like this and threads like srl would kill him because they hit harder than him and was faster than him and faced much better competiton than him and all that other bull**** as if floyd has really ever been in serious trouble in his fights. i mean, this guy is considered one of the most technically sound, close to perfect fighters there ever was. roy jones jr, who many of you say was the best you ever seen, called mayweather a complete fighter. he did almost everything right and made it look easy. so how can you judge and say who would ko him, when he's never been ko'ed, let alone knocked down and hurt to a serious degree. zab had the flash off balance shoit on him and his glove touched the canvas, he's never even been knocked on his ass in a professional fight, never...his defense is subperb, his ring generalship is 2nd to none. his ability to counterpunch his opponents off of the block, whether the shoulder roll or hand block is a thing of beauty. this kid can do it all. the only thing that really makes him a little vulnerable is his brittle hands, that's really it, which is why he could hang in there and give competiton to any fighter of the past, hearns included, srl included, hagler, duran, pryor, benitez, whitaker, whoever, it doesn't matter. none of them would beat him easily like you calim with your hatred. you know why because he has never been beaten, let alone beaten easily. now, are they good enough to beat him? hell yeah they are imo. but floyd is also good enough to beat them all, he is that skilled. he moved up the ranks and did so much better than srl and hearns and duran. he stayed undefeated. people can talk about his resume until they are blue in the face, but floyd has made champions look foolish and fought through tough battles, pulled through hand injuries and fought bigger guys and beat them all. his skillset imo is the best skillset of the last 5 decades. i'm talking eveything. he is the most technically superior fighter of his generation and possibly the last 5 generations. that can argued, as far as past greats knocking him out though and beating him easily, you dumb ****s are fooled, seriously fooled. put the coke down, it's really chalk...

I dont follow popular opinion. I believe Mayweather would give Leonard lots of problems. Leonard was an offensive fighter when all said and done. He liked to get in his rhythm and mix it majority of time, and i believe he would pay for that against Mayweather.

Hearns/Whitaker i see beating him, because Whitaker would make him fight an aggressive fight that he does not want to fight, and Hearns reach/power would be too much for Floyd imo. Whilst i think Mayweather is probably more versatile than Whitaker. Head to head Whitaker gives him nightmares imo. I think Whitaker WOULD beat him clearly, and Hearns would probably win clearly too.

Pryor/Leonard would be the most interesting though.

Comment

you people need to stop using larry as a mayweather scapegoat

get over it

Comment

Working...
                      X