No announcement yet.

Marquez "Golovkin Team Being Difficult In Negotiations With Team Jacobs."

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
    Sadly my Spanish ain't upto getting what JMM's saying, but unless he has some kind of insider info that conclusion isn't necessarily supported by the evidence available. I obviously can't say for sure, but if K2 never offered or were prepared to offer more than 25% I would have thought they would have gone straight to purse.

It's speculation but the most likely scenario seems to me that they offered more (maybe 30%) but Jacobs considered it insufficient and an impasse was reached at which point K2 starts playing hardball and threatens the purse and Jacobs responds by requesting the purse modification.

I don't know if there's nuances to JMMs language either - is he saying they're being 'difficult' implying 'unreasonable' or 'tough' as in standing their ground. Translations are sometimes slippery like that and meaning and implications are often more subtle than direct translations suggest. Maybe a Spanish speaker could clear that one up?
    Yea you are probably right on this 30%,Jacobs found it not enough,but they are still talking now right?so lets hope for the best.

Comment

Didn't know that Marquez was involved with the negotiations.....

Comment

Originally posted by AneesMoha View Post
        Didn't know that Marquez was involved with the negotiations.....
        Didn't know boxing writers could write about boxing.

Comment

do you really know spanish?

dude, they were saying how unfair was the purse split of 25%, but as the WBA stated it, that is how its supposed to be.
          on the other side JMM thinks that a purse of 30-35% its fair, because of the boxer and how them should be paid.

but he is not calling any bull**** on Golovkin or anything else as you want to "show".

dude there is a purse bid...if the fighters want to fight we will know that day....hopefully they arrange something earlier...but if not...its not K2 fault....they just are willing to participate in the bid, is that wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by SugarKaineHook View Post
            This is ESPN reporting, the same structure of approval from the powers that pay Kellerman's check. These narratives need approval before going on air, industry info is not hard to share.
            Yeah, indeed it is. I don't agree with everything Kellerman says either, in fact I make a point of not taking anyone's opinion on anything as gospel, including my mother's, or indeed the Gospel itself. However I'm still not clear exactly what JMM has said, or what he meant, not that I particularly care.

How's your Spanish, by the way?

Comment

Yeah, indeed it is. I don't agree with everything Kellerman says either, in fact I make a point of not taking anyone's opinion on anything as gospel, including my mother's, or indeed the Gospel itself. However I'm still not clear exactly what JMM has said, or what he meant, not that I particularly care.

How's your Spanish, by the way?
              I translated this from Chavez Sr. If I wanted to I could translate this Marquez bit too, not a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by xhiddenx87 View Post
                do you really know spanish?

dude, they were saying how unfair was the purse split of 25%, but as the WBA stated it, that is how its supposed to be.
                on the other side JMM thinks that a purse of 30-35% its fair, because of the boxer and how them should be paid.

but he is not calling any bull**** on Golovkin or anything else as you want to "show".

dude there is a purse bid...if the fighters want to fight we will know that day....hopefully they arrange something earlier...but if not...its not K2 fault....they just are willing to participate in the bid, is that wrong?
                lol. you don't know what you're talking about. Marquez is criticizing the double standard. Don't make sub the video so that world knows what Marquez says

Comment

Originally posted by SugarKaineHook View Post
                  I translated this from Chavez Sr. If I wanted to I could translate this Marquez bit too, not a problem.

Thanks for the share. Yeah the JMM interview translation should be cool.

Comment

Thanks for the share. Yeah the JMM interview translation should be cool.
                    Dziękuję Ci

Comment

There isn't anything to negotiate. The fight is going to purse bid because they couldn't come to an agreement. 75/25 in the champion's favor is standard. If Jacobs won't fight for 25% then GGG gets his title. GGG's pay is already set at 75%. Why in hell would he give Jacobs any part of money that is already his money? No boxer would do that. Marquez sure wouldn't give his opponent 35% if he only had to give him 25%. GGG makes his living from boxing not being Santa Claus and giving Jacobs 10% more money than he needs to.

Comment

Working...
                      X