Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

After that performance, Stevenson > Kovalev. Do you agree?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wtf

Nsb is this stupid?

Was anyone predicting williams to win? I rest my case

One of stevensons strengths is his athleticism and thats going as he gets older. Hes gonna become easier and easier to hit.

Similar to what happened to roy jones. After his athleticism and legs went he became a sitting duck because he never had to master the fundamentals.
    Last edited by jas; 07-29-2016, 11:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by g27region View Post
      Ward and Kovalev are 2 and 3, with Kovalev being on the third spot
      Ward has two garbage wins at LHW. He's #2?

Comment

Right now at this moment I'd say Stevonson. But the longer it takes to make the fight the more it tilts in Kovalev's favor.

Comment

Originally posted by bm Vagabond View Post
          Ward has two garbage wins at LHW. He's #2?
          Wrong. Only 1 won at LHW but it was going to be Kovalev's next opponent and was far from garbage.
          After the next fight, he'll have 2 at LHW, 1 decent, 1 garbage.

Comment

Kovolev would stop stevenson

But stevenson gets severely underrated by posters.. People hate on him because of his matchmaking, but the guy has good skills and is an elite fighter in his weight class.

Stevenson's chin and stamina are sub par for world class level, but he possesses a great kronk style jab, and great two-handed power... Adonis can be beaten by anyone if they get him in deep waters, because the longer it goes the more opportunities you have to clip his chin and he might gas out. But adonis does have an underrated jab, movement, and legit fight stopping power

But Kovolev is better. Better technique, straighter shots, better chin and stamina

Comment

I'd have Kovalev over Stevenson. That doesn't mean Stevenson is a bum or anything. He just fights bums on a regular basis.

Comment

No. Williams Jr is there to be hit as he's shown in numerous fights. What it mainly showed is that Stevenson still has serious KO power, but I don't think anyone doubted that. The more apt comparison between the two are the Bika and Chilemba fights.

In terms of resume Kovalev still has the significant edge, at least IMO and I think most would hold him to be the more rounded boxer.

Comment

Originally posted by Golden Boi 360 View Post
                  I rate Chilemba higher than Thomas Williams.

Impressive knockout, though.
                  A lot higher.

Comment

He looked suspect as hell in rounds 2 and 3. He got walked down and beat up.

Both Kovalev and Stevenson are very vulnerable off their back foot so that fight is a coin flip regardless.

Comment

He's Stevenson's best win since Fonfara, but this doesn't put him above either Ward or Kov imo. That being said if Stevenson does fight one of those guys you can't really know what to expect considering his punching power.

Comment

Working...
                      X