No announcement yet.

Khabib named Danny Garcia's mandatory

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BUNGALOWS View Post
    That's gotta suck. Going from Lucas to Khabib. I've only watched a few minutes of the guy on YouTube and he just looks like a risky guy to take on. Gonna check out some more footage.
    I agree it's risky, especially if he hasn't gotten that big fight/pay day at that point.

If you watch Khabib-Guzman, whatever you do make sure you keep your volume on because those commentators were an absolute joke and comical, hell that WHOLE event was an absolute disgrace to the sport. They played Khabib's entrance music for the Russian national anthem and that referee should of been investigated for that terrible performance.

Seriously, if you watch the broadcast from start to finish, the whole thing is just a big joke. Guzman got dominated and instead of it being a TKO it went to the cards and one of the judges (shameful) had the audacity to score it for Guzman, and the funny part is if you look closely at the old man kneeling with Guzman once they're reading the score cards and announce the card that has Guzman winning, he has the BIGGEST look of optimism and surprise on his face and then..... they announce that Khabib wins, ****ing lol

(nothing against Guzman, I like him. the fix was obviously in though)
    Last edited by King_; 10-18-2013, 12:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
      This right here ^

Nothing more to add.
      What is he supposed to do? Barge into the WBA's office and protest? It's up to his promoter and manager to get him those big fights. If he stays at 140 and wants to keep his belt by October of next year, he has to fight his mandatory, just like everyone else, period.

Comment

Easy work for Garcia

Comment

Originally posted by King- View Post
          I agree it's risky, especially if he hasn't gotten that big fight/pay day at that point.

If you watch Khabib-Guzman, whatever you do make sure you keep your volume on because those commentators were an absolute joke and comical, hell that WHOLE event was an absolute disgrace to the sport. They played Khabib's entrance music for the Russian national anthem and that referee should of been investigated for that terrible performance.

Seriously, if you watch the broadcast from start to finish, the whole thing is just a big joke. Guzman got dominated and instead of it being a TKO it went to the cards and one of the judges (shameful) had the audacity to score it for Guzman, and the funny part is if you look closely at the old man kneeling with Guzman once they're reading the score cards and announce the card that has Guzman winning, he has the BIGGEST look of optimism and surprise on his face and then..... they announce that Khabib wins, ****ing lol

(nothing against Guzman, I like him)
          Definitely will. This guy looks really polished for only having 19 fights. Gonna keep an eye on him for sure.

Comment

Garcia probably just drops the belt or moves up In Weight

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy Gun View Post
              Garcia probably just drops the belt or moves up In Weight
              Haven't kept up with Floyd news recently but is Garcia in the running to fight him next?

Comment

If he really wants a more realistic belt he should fight Karim mayfield since hell be easy work then go for the Alvarado ruslan winner. It'll be easier to make

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
                  If he really wants a more realistic belt he should fight Karim mayfield since hell be easy work then go for the Alvarado ruslan winner. It'll be easier to make
                  It's been reported that Khabib-Mayfield is in the works and that'll be both of their next fights.

Garcia's belt is as realistic as it gets- whether he beats him is one thing but as long as Khabib keeps his WBA regular belt, he's either going to fight Garcia or he's going to fight for the vacant belt if Danny vacates (although I'm not sure how WBA works, if Danny vacates, maybe Khabib just gets promoted to Super Champ and two other guys will fight for the vacant WBA regular belt?)

The GBP/TR beef won't have any effect on this. Just like Vanes-Lara for example, it'll just go to purse bid if no agreement is made.

Comment

you would have to be an all out idiot to think that khabib is better then mythesse (it's a step down)

khabib ant better then rios or alvarado..............

garcia should fight the maidana vs broner winner.........khabib?

wtf..............
                    Last edited by Godsfly; 10-18-2013, 12:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by pigsfly View Post
                      you would have to be an all out idiot to think that khabib is better then mythesse (it's a step down)

khabib ant better then rios or alvarado..............

garcia should fight the maidana vs broner winner..........

khabib?

wtf..............
                      Nice analysis. You really supported your statement with this lovely breakdown. I especially loved the part where you simply broke it down like a mad scientist: khabib ant better then rios or alvarado..............

Personally I think Khabib is better then both Rios and Alvarado but I'm 100% you're a troll judging by some of your other posts so it doesn't matter.

Comment

Working...
                      X