No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather: Pacquiao Has To Beat Marquez, Bradley First

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
    Everyone including Floyd knows that Manny beat Bradley. So to include that is just ridiculous. If Manny at some point takes Bradley on, OK but to say "needs to beat Bradley before fighting me", is a joke. Furthermore, that PROVED that Floyd wasn't ready to fight Manny even if he had beat Marquez because in his mind he also had to beat Bradley again (lol!). So imagine, you Floyd fans would be saying again that Manny doesn't want to fight Floyd yet Floyd would have the Bradley excuse/roadblock waiting on deck. Again. its a joke!

Marquez vs Manny is a rivalry. No matter which weight they fight at, as long as both can handle the weight, the fight will be a tough one for BOTH.

I'm spinning it?

You guys are the ones that keep on saying .... but, but Marquez was #2 P4P when he fought Floyd. There is even a thread made the other day that you guys defended that said the Marquez who had just moved up from 130 to 135 and fought Floyd at 146lbs was a good win. So again, who is the one spinning things?

Manny fought guys that your hero Floyd didn't want to fight back then like Margarito, Cotto, .... who were ranked.

Berto: His resume was very suspect but still would have been a fun fight to see (offense vs offense). Still, a joke to bring up at this point in time unless he somehow is able to improve on his defense. Manny would have found those holes in his defense.

Ortiz and Guerrero: What did they really do at WW? All they did was beat Berto. Am I supposed to be impressed at Floyd's pick because they are ranked by beating the same guy? Most knowledgeable boxing fans know that they are still green as far as WW division is concerned and needed more time before facing Floyd.
    Ortiz was being countered effectively by Peterson at 140. He was also knocked down twice against Berto. Berto's lack of defense was the difference. Furthermore, Ortiz has shown that he can be cracked mentally.

Guerrero looked very average against Aydin and again, beat Berto due to his lack of defense and because Berto started his fight doing a bad impression of Floyd (defensively). Again, Berto got Guerrero with many counters and near knock out punches in which fortunately Guerrero absorbed well and Berto was PEDs free!

Ortiz should have taught people that beating Berto should NOT lead to fighting Floyd .... but that's OK with Floyd fans because he is ranked once he beat Berto!
    Look, we agree that manny beat bradley. Its also obvious to you, even though you post otherwise, that saying he has to beat bradley is just floyd jabbing at manny, same way he says he fought Miguel at a good weight not a catchweight.

Your point about manny/jmm being a rivalry would be valid except Manny tried to CW cotto again first. He never gives JMM an immediate rematch. Yet when they fight you and others make this some monumental rivalry. Well if it is, then dont try and CW cotto again before fighting him. There is no way you can justify or change that.

manny only fought them because they were TR fighters. Floyd fought zab and ortiz, has manny fought them? no so can we stop that BS.

either way guerrero and ortiz won fights. you are trying to minimizse them or reduce them, but they are still wins. and, I thought in boxing if you beat a guy ranked ahead of you you move up and get better fights.

If any ww ahd lost 2 consecutive fights like manny has and tried to fight for the ww title you would have a fit and scream about it. SO dont change just because its manny.
    Last edited by The Big Dunn; 02-25-2013, 09:48 AM.

Comment

• Only way I see Floyd vs Manny still happening is Floyd losing this year to either Guerrero or Canelo. It would be a slap in the face for us still, but it would be the last big money fight for either guy.

...or Floyd just retires.

Comment

• Originally posted by RL_GMA View Post
        Only way I see Floyd vs Manny still happening is Floyd losing this year to either Guerrero or Canelo. It would be a slap in the face for us still, but it would be the last big money fight for either guy.

...or Floyd just retires.
        I really wonder what Mayweather would do if he lost.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jloro View Post
          I really wonder what Mayweather would do if he lost.
          To be serious, probably commit sucide, and this coming from a Mayweather fan. He has built his whole career, image, personality life around that undefeated record.

Roy Jones and other did as well, but no where near the level of Mayweather did, so when they lost it was not as bad.

Comment

• Who made the RG vs Berto RBR thread.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
              Manny just got KTFO and lost the decision to Bradley(even though I thought he won). Manny isn't the mandatory for the ww title or the JMW title. It makes perfect sense for manny to have to win before he gets a floyd fight at this stage. IMO he need only avange the KO to JMM since IMO he beat Bradley.
              but it is precisely pac's willingness or even say foolishness to engage on a 'go for broke" type of fighting that scare floyd so much....remember pac vs hatton...pac vs jmm IV and pac's fights with eric...pac is willing to receive... to give...mano a mano type of fights....he is a basically a street fighter...not a consumate boxer like floyd...

even an armed policeman has fear in his heart faced with a bolo wielding "amok"

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
                Look, we agree that manny beat bradley. Its also obvious to you, even though you post otherwise, that saying he has to beat bradley is just floyd jabbing at manny, same way he says he fought Miguel at a good weight not a catchweight.

Your point about manny/jmm being a rivalry would be valid except Manny tried to CW cotto again first. He never gives JMM an immediate rematch. Yet when they fight you and others make this some monumental rivalry. Well if it is, then dont try and CW cotto again before fighting him. There is no way you can justify or change that.

manny only fought them because they were TR fighters. Floyd fought zab and ortiz, has manny fought them? no so can we stop that BS.

either way guerrero and ortiz won fights. you are trying to minimizse them or reduce them, but they are still wins. and, I thought in boxing if you beat a guy ranked ahead of you you move up and get better fights.

If any ww ahd lost 2 consecutive fights like manny has and tried to fight for the ww title you would have a fit and scream about it. SO dont change just because its manny.
                At the top you agree that Manny beat Bradley but at the bottom of your post you sneak it back in !!! Nice try!!!

What? Manny fought his biggest rivalries/threats many times.
                - Marquez 4 TIMES!!!
                - Morales 3 TIMES!!!
                - Barrera 2 TIMES!!!

Who said it had to be immediate? They both new that Marquez 4 was going to happen.

Many great rivalries occured without immediate rematches. Go check out when Frazier vs Ali 2 happened and then Frazier vs Ali 3.

Cotto vs Manny was not something that I wanted to see. It would have been a payday just like Floyd did. Cotto would have been fine with the CW because he even requested it against Margarito.

Sorry but Floyd said it more than once that Manny has to revenge and beat Bradley.

Here is the crazy part. Did Floyd DEMAND these guys to get revenge before Floyd agreed to fight them?
                - Ortiz vs Maidana -
                - Zab vs Baldomir
                - Cotto vs Manny and according to Floyd, Cotto even lost to Clottey!!!
                - Marquez vs Chris John and Manny.
                - Oscar vs Mosley and vs Hopkins
                - Sharmba Mitchel vs Kostya Tszyu
                - DeMarcus Corley vs Zab Judah

There are more names that I can bring up but at some point, you gotta say, "It's true, Floyd NEVER wanted to fight Manny"
                Last edited by ADP02; 02-26-2013, 12:25 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X