Klitschko's in UFC

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wanderlei_Silva View Post
    Stop making these stupid threads.

I'm pretty sure Cheick Kongo, who wrestling is about as awful as it gets at HW, can take Klitschko down and ground and pound his face into Hamburger Meat.

I also think he could hang with him standing as well.
    Thats as ******ed as his post.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky... View Post
      Thats as ******ed as his post.
      Not really. Kongo has an 82 inch reach. He is a K-1 Level Striker. When you introduce Kicks (leg kicks, head kicks, body kicks) knees and elbows. This knocks down the boxers stand-up prowess to a certain degree.

Comment

Originally posted by Left2theliver View Post
        Well if you know anything about wrestling as you claim then you'd know that takedowns will work 9/10 times on anyone who has no experience with grappling...that includes the Klitschkos. A good martial artist CAN make it tougher....but that depends who. Brazilian Jiu Jitsu practitioner, Judoka, Wrestler, someone who trains something along those lines...yes, probably a lot tougher to get. Kickboxer, Thai Boxer, Boxer, Kung Fu guy, Karateka, TKD guy...not so hard...and yes, shooting a double or single on cement is a dumbass idea...but that's why we have throws, trips, and takedowns from the clinch.
        I have to agree with j here. It's very difficult to take down a compitent takedown artist. The thing is even if you do get them down you have to hold them there, which is no easy task.

A good wrestler has the ability to contort his body so as to counter takedown attempts. On the professional combat level, it can be expected this day and age that most competent fighters should have at least a rudimentary grasp on this aspect of the game.

Comment

thanks. it is also more difficult to take down a person who is trying like hell to avoid being taken down. and i cant count how many times i have seen a failed takedown in any event where there are takedowns.

A good wrestler has the ability to contort his body so as to counter takedown attempts. On the professional combat level, it can be expected this day and age that most competent fighters should have at least a rudimentary grasp on this aspect of the game.
          really, any good trained martial artist will know how to deal with really any situation - save for weapons more or less depending.

lefty....takedowns do not work 9/10.

that was just a rediculus statement.
          im not even going to argue. u will just say whatever to defend what it is u do. i dont really care.
          Last edited by j; 07-05-2009, 05:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by j View Post
            thanks. it is also more difficult to take down a person who is trying like hell to avoid being taken down. and i cant count how many times i have seen a failed takedown in any event where there are takedowns.

really, any good trained martial artist will know how to deal with really any situation - save for weapons more or less depending.

lefty....takedowns do not work 9/10.

that was just a rediculus statement.
            im not even going to argue. u will just say whatever to defend what it is u do. i dont really care.

if takedowns do not work liken you said, i wonder why so many trained fighters get taken down in MMA matches...

It is really hard to defend takedowns by wrestlers with years of training and experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Oscar DeLaHoya View Post

How in the bloody hell do you plan on takin down a 6'7 man with a 81 inch reach who mostly uses his jab?
              Drop levels and swoop the ground for a double.

People can bend their knees and lower body. .

Comment

They couldn't start in the UFC. It's a top tier organization, they would need to fight some bums and earn some experience in actual MMA style fighting (Especially defense) before they would last a minute with any Top 20 HW.

Comment

Originally posted by Move BRICKS View Post
                  They couldn't start in the UFC. It's a top tier organization, they would need to fight some bums and earn some experience in actual MMA style fighting (Especially defense) before they would last a minute with any Top 20 HW.
                  Yeah, really the whole thing is a moot point. They are making millions in boxing, they would never walk away from that.

Comment

Obvious troll thread is ****in obvious but I'll answer.

A professional boxer especially a high caliber one like either of the Klitschko's with dedicated MMA training in takedown defense, subdefense can be turned into a top rated MMA fighter with 1-2 yrs of training.

Comment

LOL do none of you know that the klitschko were Kickboxers???

Hahaha, they would clown the ******s at UFC

Comment

Working...
                      X