Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why did people bash the Pacquiao Rios fight so much, ignoring the circumstances?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why did people bash the Pacquiao Rios fight so much, ignoring the circumstances?

Pac was coming off a year lay off and being knocked unconscious. So why is it hyped so bad on here? Rios isn't as bad as people make out and has a decent resume and stellar amateur background of 230-35
    Brandon has a stellar amateur record of 230–35.In 2004 Ríos became the U.S. National Amateur Featherweight champion, he was also a United States Olympic alternate at 125 lbs
    . Even Bernard Hopkins said it was a risky fight coming off such a brutal knock out.

Rios is around a similar level as Maidana, it's just that people hype Maidana because he beat an overrated blown up 147lber in Broner and couldn't even knock him out. This guy also got shut out by Devon Alexander for crying out loud. Rios would have probably beaten Broner and probably can beat him now.

0:40 check it out

Im a PAcman fan and I had no problem for this fight as a post KTFO fight. Hopkins said it takes 10 fight to get back from this fight. Nazim Richardson said people should put money on Rios. I guess they dont know abt boxing too?

You know exactly who ****ted on that fight. The Floyd groupies ( no disrespect to Floyds fan here, im talking abt the GROUPIES) who **** on everything Manny does. Some of them even **** on the Bradley win... Not alot of fighter can bounce back from that type of KO at this stage in their career. Proof that Manny is something special

The fight I had a problem with is the Algieri fight. Im not one of those groupies who says it was a good win. **** it. **** Algieri and please no Vargas next. Manny is my favorite boxer of all time but is he will take those kind of fights, better he retires, he doesnt have nothing to prove anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by boxinggod101 View Post
      Im a PAcman fan and I had no problem for this fight as a post KTFO fight. Hopkins said it takes 10 fight to get back from this fight. Nazim Richardson said people should put money on Rios. I guess they dont know abt boxing too?

You know exactly who ****ted on that fight. The Floyd groupies ( no disrespect to Floyds fan here, im talking abt the GROUPIES) who **** on everything Manny does. Some of them even **** on the Bradley win... Not alot of fighter can bounce back from that type of KO at this stage in their career. Proof that Manny is something special

The fight I had a problem with is the Algieri fight. Im not one of those groupies who says it was a good win. **** it. **** Algieri and please no Vargas next. Manny is my favorite boxer of all time but is he will take those kind of fights, better he retires, he doesnt have nothing to prove anymore.
      Great post and I agree.

Comment

It was a perfectly acceptable comeback fight, nothing more, nothing less. It's nothing to bash Manny for, but there's no need to big it up, either.

It was hard to get excited about it because Rios' style was tailor made for Manny to look great against. Everyone knew that if Manny wasn't completely shot (and I didn't think he was), he would beat Rios in one sided fashion.

Agree on the Maidana comparison but Floyd struggling with Maidana doesn't retroactively make Rios a great win for Manny.

Comment

Because Al Haymon knows how to hype his Boxers by feeding them with tomato cans. As long this fighters won't fight each other, we will never know who is the best in welterweight and jr. welterweight

Comment

that's how crab mentality and jealousy work, they want you dragged deeper
            I remember donaire vs rigo, and when it's all done and everyone's running from rigo they're calling donaire a ***** wtf!?

Comment

Originally posted by Black Barty View Post
              It was a perfectly acceptable comeback fight, nothing more, nothing less. It's nothing to bash Manny for, but there's no need to big it up, either.

It was hard to get excited about it because Rios' style was tailor made for Manny to look great against. Everyone knew that if Manny wasn't completely shot (and I didn't think he was), he would beat Rios in one sided fashion.

Agree on the Maidana comparison but Floyd struggling with Maidana doesn't retroactively make Rios a great win for Manny.
              What fight would you say would retroactively make it great for a Pac win?

Comment

Mannys a p4p fighter and should be held to high standards. No way on earth should Rios be in the ring with a p4p fighter. It's more about Rios than Manny.

Comment

Originally posted by Hype job View Post
                  Great post and I agree.
                  You mean he kissed your ass .

Fight was ok after a KO if people admit it was a give me fight and Rios is C grade , Cotto done it with Jennings and its common practice after a bad loss to have a soft touch , its Mannys fanboys trying to hype Rios up is the problem same as Algieri , they C grade fighters and Vargas is the same , Manny has been cherry picking with honors for years now and he has been given a pass all the way .

Comment

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
                    Mannys a p4p fighter and should be held to high standards. No way on earth should Rios be in the ring with a p4p fighter. It's more about Rios than Manny.
                    Do you understand that he was coming off a knock out loss?

When you grasp that, talk to me.

Comment

Working...
                    X