No announcement yet.

Can somebody tell me how life was in the 80's

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can somebody tell me how life was in the 80's

It must've been awesome. Booming economy; you could wear bright colors; everyone was coked out; the NSA wasn't spying on your sorry a$$

Seriously though; what was it like?

Really? Nobody?

Half you ****ers are 35. Tell me how it was !

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
      It must've been awesome. Booming economy; you could wear bright colors; everyone was coked out; the NSA wasn't spying on your sorry a$$

Seriously though; what was it like?
      There was less instant gratification and it seemed to be less self centered. Life didn't revolve around the whole concept of 'me time' like today and people weren't as tech centric. That's how I think of it to sum it up incredibly briefly.

Comment

There was a huge AIDS scare at the time. Everyone was afraid to get laid because it was jumping over to the heterosexual population. All condoms back then had walls that were an inch thick and they were very hard to get on, and get off with.

^ True Story

Comment

i can tell you the 3 years i lived in the 80's were amazing. i remeber getting anything i wanted and all i had to do is whine for it and there it was! best years of my life it was a worryless life. i miss the 80s.......

Comment

Think of heaven and you're thinking of the 80's

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
              There was less instant gratification and it seemed to be less self centered. Life didn't revolve around the whole concept of 'me time' like today and people weren't as tech centric. That's how I think of it to sum it up incredibly briefly.
              Even though I'm glued to my iPhone/iPad I wish we weren't so dependent.

I was born in 1991 and I remember "meet me here at 3:30" or I'll be at your house in 15 minutes without using a cell phone.

Damn...

Comment

not really. i turned 27 yesterday. i was born in '87. i really don't remember the 80's. i remember from 1990 on. i remember the things that lasted through the 80's and made it to the 90's. the 90's was the last great american decade. we've really gone downhill since.

my parents got the most out of america. my generation will do markedly worse. i'm going to be hard pressed to become a success like my father.

Comment

This is everything you need to know about the 80's:

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                    not really. i turned 27 yesterday. i was born in '87. i really don't remember the 80's. i remember from 1990 on. i remember the things that lasted through the 80's and made it to the 90's. the 90's was the last great american decade. we've really gone downhill since.

my parents got the most out of america. my generation will do markedly worse. i'm going to be hard pressed to become a success like my father.
                    100% agree. I was born in 1991; I remember the 90s.

We SUCK today.

Comment

Working...
                    X