Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it safe to say that cotto is scared of canelo ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In Canelo-Cotto, Cotto is the B-side fighter with no opportunity to build his legacy. If he beats Canelo then "Alvarez was always ****, he lost to Floyd and Cotto" and if he loses to Canelo then his career as a relevant fighter is more or less over.

In Cotto-Martinez, Cotto is the A-side fighter on that card, he's the marquis name. If he beats Martinez then he's the first Puerto Rican to win titles in 4 weight classes and it's a huge legacy boost; if he loses to Martinez then he's a 154-pound guy that lost to the 160-pound lineal champion.

Martinez is the WAY better option long-term, and may be the better option short-term for Cotto depending on negotiations.

Comment

It's safe to say Cotto put his bigboy pants on and told Canelo I'll get to you when I damn well please , now sit back down.

Comment

Originally posted by De la hoya 801 View Post
        I mean he passes on over 10 million dollars not including ppv and everything else I honestly thought cotto would jump on the opportunity considering he's in his later stage of his career now he's saying his date is set with or without Martinez so looks like he doesn't care about Martinez that much I'm just stumped on why he would pass on canelo... But I honestly feel canelo would brutally tko cotto. Cotto's style is perfect for canelo
        One your an idiot two did it ever occur to you that money is a factor.?

Comment

Somebody take TS out back it's time to put her down.

Comment

I don't think hes scared. Just taking the "easier" path. Fighter who is near 40, coming off an injury, hasn't looked good in the past couple of fights.

His chances of a beat down are less against an older fighter.

Comment

Cotto should fight Sergio first just for the fact that Martinez isn't getting any younger. The Cotto-Canelo fight will happen eventually, Canelo is just 24 if I'm not wrong.

Irrespective of Sergio winning/losing against Cotto, he should go on to fight Canelo.

The Cotto-Canelo fight should happen after that.

Comment

Absolutely not. Cotto is not the kind of fighter to be afraid of anyone. He has fought them all. He has been open about making the Canelo fight, just not now. He's sees an opportunity to fight Sergio at what appears to be the right time. He's still making a ton of money, maybe more, and he has a chance to make history with that belt.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
                  He's scared because he's fighting a better, more accomplished fighter who is the lineal champ a weight class above him? F out of here
                  lol

Comment

naw canelo is still young that fight can happen later

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
                      He's scared because he's fighting a better, more accomplished fighter who is the lineal champ a weight class above him? F out of here
                      Where does it officially say he's fighting Martinez?

Comment

Working...
                      X