Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Olympic Boxing Results - Light Heavyweight (Part One)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn cant believe i missed it and that he's out

Comment

IMO Browne was to busy promoting himself, I've never seen an Olympic fighter as active as he was promoting himself up to his fight.

He seems like a really nice dude, but his head was blowing up, he was acting like he was about to drop a platinum album or some ish.

Browne losing is a big disappointment... Hope the other teammates take note.

Comment

Originally posted by AddiX View Post
        IMO Browne was to busy promoting himself, I've never seen an Olympic fighter as active as he was promoting himself up to his fight.

He seems like a really nice dude, but his head was blowing up, he was acting like he was about to drop a platinum album or some ish.

Browne losing is a big disappointment... Hope the other teammates take note.
        Its as simple as the Australian wanted it more...Marcus was getting tagged and Marcus didn't even attempt to answer back...Hopper said he could tell Marcus didn't wanna be there...I love watching Marcus fight but his heart has always come into question in tough bouts...physically he has all the gifts, mentally...

Comment

Originally posted by Khmelnytsky View Post
          IHooper vs Mekhontsev should be a great fight. I favor Mekhontsev.
          Gee, what a surprise that you'd favor him.

Comment

Hooper was just better so what? Just amateur boxng...

Comment

I missed seeing this.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                Gee, what a surprise that you'd favor him.
                lol its not bias i just think he has a style advantage. Hooper seems to struggle with southpaws a little including against Browne in the first 2 rounds. He throws too many lead rights with no jab or feints and gets predictable while squaring himself up.

Mekhontsev will have a size advantage, he is a former HW with good power having moved down to LHW last year. He is a very good counter puncher, combination puncher and he typically counters in combination JMM style. He has much better technique on his punches and throws straighter. I could be wrong but thats just what i see when looking at the matchup.

Comment

Working...
                X