Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will David Haye be remembered forever as a coward who ducked the Klitschkos?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ASS View Post
    he has achieved nothing in boxing..
    Not true at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
      If he doesn't fight either he will be forgotten in a few years or just be remembered as a loudmouth joke.
      I believe that he's already regarded as a "loudmouthed joke" even by most of the British fight fans. Say what you will, the British are great sports fans, and very much so in boxing.

What support we see for Haye is basically from the few who were born stupid and therefore can never change. Any British news reporter who supports him basically has to or else he won't ever again get an interview, and, after all, even with the eminently forgettable Valuev farce and theft, he IS officially a sort of watered down World Champion.

Comment

Originally posted by Blondie View Post
        Not true at all.
        Actually youit took Bruce Woodcock and are right, he HAS achieved something, a type of infamy that will take British Heavyweight boxing years and years to live down.....if they ever do.

After all it's only ccomparatively recently that British zHeavyweights were regarded and described as "Horizontal Heavyweights" of the type of "Phainting Phil" Scott and his similiar colleagues.

It took Bruce Woodcock in the 40's to give a tiny bit of respectability to British Heavyweights, for a very very short time. And of course we all remember Don Cockell, a chubby lt-heavy with glandular problems who went 6 or 7 rounds with Marciano. Admittedly Marciano was probably the worst Heavyweight Champp in history, but he WAS the Champ. Anyway British Heavyweights lapsed back again into it's habitual coma until "Our Ennery" Henry Cooper whos main claim to fame was that he was the best at the time, and actually not at all bad, except that he bled if you looked hard at him. He KD Ali, and fought him twice.Then nothing until the Tyson period, when the local champ, Frank Bruno, fought Tyson twice. He was a big guy, a good boxer, but terrified of Tyson, and spent all his time walking to the ring crossing himself and praying..................

Well, his prayers were answered, the fights were over soon, although he actually, in my opinion, strictly boxing-wise he was better than Lewis, who overlapped and came next on the scene..

I was around through the whole period, living in Ireland, and I remember it well.

Comment

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
          Actually youit took Bruce Woodcock and are right, he HAS achieved something, a type of infamy that will take British Heavyweight boxing years and years to live down.....if they ever do.

After all it's only ccomparatively recently that British zHeavyweights were regarded and described as "Horizontal Heavyweights" of the type of "Phainting Phil" Scott and his similiar colleagues.

It took Bruce Woodcock in the 40's to give a tiny bit of respectability to British Heavyweights, for a very very short time. And of course we all remember Don Cockell, a chubby lt-heavy with glandular problems who went 6 or 7 rounds with Marciano. Admittedly Marciano was probably the worst Heavyweight Champp in history, but he WAS the Champ. Anyway British Heavyweights lapsed back again into it's habitual coma until "Our Ennery" Henry Cooper whos main claim to fame was that he was the best at the time, and actually not at all bad, except that he bled if you looked hard at him. He KD Ali, and fought him twice.Then nothing until the Tyson period, when the local champ, Frank Bruno, fought Tyson twice. He was a big guy, a good boxer, but terrified of Tyson, and spent all his time walking to the ring crossing himself and praying..................

Well, his prayers were answered, the fights were over soon, although he actually, in my opinion, strictly boxing-wise he was better than Lewis, who overlapped and came next on the scene..

I was around through the whole period, living in Ireland, and I remember it well.
          I mean I was around in Ireland during the whole EARLY period living in Ireland until the end of the Marciano period.

Comment

Comes with the territory when you're born with a pu$sy.

Comment

Yes he will. The 2 best fighters in his division have repeatedly challenged him to championship matches, and he keeps finding ways to get out of it. Haye is shaming the UK fans. He's a **** of the highest order.

Comment

He'll just be forgotten.

Comment

Working...
                X