Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stevenson Fights on in Father's Honor!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stevenson Fights on in Father's Honor!

Baltimore, MD (October 20) – James “Keep em’ Sleepin” Stevenson has been perfect thus far inside the squared circle. The gifted boxer-puncher has scored a number of highlight reel knockouts and only three of his thirteen opponents survived to the final bell. While everything has gone as planned for Stevenson during his two year professional career, the unbeaten 27 year old suffered a devastating setback following his most recent bout.

A few months after outpointing George Rivera, Stevenson’s father James Sr. died suddenly of a heart attack, leaving both the fighter and his family in shambles. The tragic loss also meant Stevenson had to take care of his stay at home mother. Between coping with losing his father and a nagging wrist injury, the hard hitting Baltimore native was out of the gym for an extended period of time.

Although he still struggles daily, Stevenson returned to training in late July with a newfound inspiration to become a world champion.

“My father would have told me stay in the gym and keep on fighting so I am doing this for him,” said the inspired Stevenson. “I am training harder than ever and my goal to win a world is in my father’s honor.”

His first test will come this Saturday at the Pikesville Armory against once beaten Phillip McCants, a slick Philadelphian who hasn’t lost in more than five years. Stevenson, who doesn’t know much about his opponent, says he is rededicated to the sport and ready for whatever tricks the 8-1 McCants has up his sleeve.

“I always expect a tough fight no matter who it is against. I never overlook any opponent but I am going to 100% prepared for whatever McCants has to offer.”

The highly anticipated Stevenson-McCants showdown will serve as the main event of Baltimore Pro Boxing’s “Who’s The Man II”.

The undercard will feature a match up between unbeaten cruiserweights Steve “Show Stealer” Wheeler (6-0, 5 KO’s) of Catonsville, MD and Cabin Creek, WV’s Jason Pauley (4-0, 1 KO), as well as separate bouts showcasing top local prospects Thomas “KO” Snow (12-1, 8 KO’s), Maurice “Freight Train” Byarm (9-0, 6 KO’s), and “Slick” Nick Kisner (6-0, 4 KO’s).

Tickets start at $40 and can be ordered by calling 410-675-6900 or going to the Armory’s box office.

Doors open at 7 pm and the opening bell is slated for 8. The Pikesville Armory is located at 610 Reisterstown Rd in Baltimore, MD.

For more information, go to Baltimoreboxing.com.
Working...
X