No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golden Boy Comments The Khan IBF Appeal Withdrawal

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Golden Boy Comments The Khan IBF Appeal Withdrawal

LOS ANGELES - Due to the fact that there was only to be partial representation of fight officials who were involved with the December 10, 2011 Amir Khan vs. Lamont Peterson bout at tomorrow's scheduled appeal hearing of the fight's outcome before the International Boxing Federation (IBF), Golden Boy Promotions and Team Khan have decided to withdraw their appeal and focus their full attention on Amir's next fight.
    [Click Here To Read More]

did the then-champion amir khan give peterson a 50-50 split?
    if not then i don't reckon that current champion lamont peterson should go for that, especially when he knows he's being set-up for being ripped off on the scorecards this time round.

Comment

peterson should tell khan 60/40 take it or leave. then we'll see how bad khan really wants this rematch

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow boxer 3 View Post
        peterson should tell khan 60/40 take it or leave. then we'll see how bad khan really wants this rematch

I agree, 60/40 take it or leave it!!!!!!

Comment

I have been on the side of Peterson thruoghout this nonesense, however, if this report is correct team Peterson should agree to this deal and stop wasting valuable time. This is not a bad deal for Peterson given the fact that he's still trying to establish himself as a draw. Khan has some drawing power in the UK and if the fight with Peterson doesn't materialize, he could still make good money fighting someone else but for Peterson this is not the case. Where else would Peterson get the type of money this 50 split would bring him.

Comment

Originally posted by iniduoh View Post
            I have been on the side of Peterson thruoghout this nonesense, however, if this report is correct team Peterson should agree to this deal and stop wasting valuable time. This is not a bad deal for Peterson given the fact that he's still trying to establish himself as a draw. Khan has some drawing power in the UK and if the fight with Peterson doesn't materialize, he could still make good money fighting someone else but for Peterson this is not the case. Where else would Peterson get the type of money this 50 split would bring him.
            American fighters dont have much of a fanbase unless your floyd mayweather and some of those fnas are those who want to see him lose.
            there was athread on here about american boxers not being much of a draw or not having large fan bases

Comment

This confirms that Golden Boy and Khan's "Mystery Man" conspiracy theory is a lie. I apologize to Lamont Peterson for falling again to promoter's and fighter's lies. Schaefer and Khan joins Arum, Pacquiao, and Mayweather as untrustworthy individual in the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow boxer 3 View Post
                I don't think team peterson will fight khan even if they get a 100% of the cake this time, they'll live with the handout victory. There is a reason the bookies were heavily favoring Khan before the fight, and if a rematch happens at a neutral venue then everybody haters and fans of both fighters, team khan, team peterson, the bookies and everybody knows what'll happen.

Comment

Originally posted by frosty-g View Post
                  did the then-champion amir khan give peterson a 50-50 split?
                  if not then i don't reckon that current champion lamont peterson should go for that, especially when he knows he's being set-up for being ripped off on the scorecards this time round.
                  Peterson got home town advantage, a favourable ref and judges and a gift decision so that evened up the split some

Comment

news title should be WBA's fraudulent scheme exposed. the khans have NO argument whatsoever to force a NC or rematch.
                    maybe khan's and peterson's team did come to some sort of agreement considering both sides were supposed to be in attendance at the hearing.

Comment

Working...
                    X