Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got some sparring in yesterday video inside...soon my elbow will be 100%

Thanks for all the advice guys

I still cant throw my right hand at full power

working on my left hand and altering the speed and power of my shots to prevent overextended and reaching with shots

its a little frustrating but this situation is making me a more complete fighter.

my right hand is my best punch but the left jabs and hooks are coming along

its a blessing in disguise

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009995537450

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
      Which one is you?

Comment

Originally posted by Mc,Lovin View Post
        Which one is you?
        watch the video bro

Im the one with the head gear and sleeve on my right elbow

The guy im sparring, Raekwon has like 100 amateur fights, getting used to fighting without headgear, he will be turning pro soon.

Comment

whats up with all the views and no comments? kinda weird

Comment

A few suggestions for you;
            Feet spacing;

I prefer your foot spacing to be slightly wider than your shoulders.
            Yours are to far apart and that alone limits your balance, head movement, upper body movement and can cause your right hand (straight shots) to fully extend far sooner because your feet spacing shortens your reach so much.

A simple flaw like your feet being to wide lends to more than one problem!
            Get in the mirror and shorten your foot spacing so your waist line twist adds to your reach when throwing your right hand. With your stance so wide your right foot pivot, hip rotation and shoulder turn are not even involved in your right hand punch! Your width steals reach and power and takes your balance away when confronting left hooks.
            Shorten your spacing (feet) get a slight bend in your waist and in your knees
            so you can regain power and stability.

Your hands are to high!
            There are segments when your gloves are as high as your head gear.
            Wear your head gear to the mirror when your working on your feet separation and turn profile at your reflection. Hold your gloves just below your eyes so that your vision has a 180d sight line.

These are two glaring faults to me in your form, and they aren't easy to correct because of the time you've been boxing that way.
            It's not easy to be as wide as you are and bend your knees and move.
            Shortening your spacing will make you taller but you'll bend in the waist and knees a lot easier! Plus the power and extended length in your right arm will be a huge plus!

Those are TWO techniques to address.

Ray Corso

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
              A few suggestions for you;
              Feet spacing;

I prefer your foot spacing to be slightly wider than your shoulders.
              Yours are to far apart and that alone limits your balance, head movement, upper body movement and can cause your right hand (straight shots) to fully extend far sooner because your feet spacing shortens your reach so much.

A simple flaw like your feet being to wide lends to more than one problem!
              Get in the mirror and shorten your foot spacing so your waist line twist adds to your reach when throwing your right hand. With your stance so wide your right foot pivot, hip rotation and shoulder turn are not even involved in your right hand punch! Your width steals reach and power and takes your balance away when confronting left hooks.
              Shorten your spacing (feet) get a slight bend in your waist and in your knees
              so you can regain power and stability.

Your hands are to high!
              There are segments when your gloves are as high as your head gear.
              Wear your head gear to the mirror when your working on your feet separation and turn profile at your reflection. Hold your gloves just below your eyes so that your vision has a 180d sight line.

These are two glaring faults to me in your form, and they aren't easy to correct because of the time you've been boxing that way.
              It's not easy to be as wide as you are and bend your knees and move.
              Shortening your spacing will make you taller but you'll bend in the waist and knees a lot easier! Plus the power and extended length in your right arm will be a huge plus!

Those are TWO techniques to address.

Ray Corso
              thanks for the tips

I been working on those things as well

my stance was actually wider lol

This is only my second time sparring since I started training last month. Aggravated my elbow the first time. I actually see and feel what you mean as far as the footing, just working on these things to be second nature and translate into me doing it second nature in the ring. This is the first time I've trained regularly since 2006-2007 so I definitely have some bad habits and technical things to work out.

I'm definitely gonna work on these things in the gym today.

I appreciate the advice bro...what are some things you think I did well and what i can do to better utilize those attributes?

Have you ever boxed or trained fighters before? If so would you mind sharing some footage that I can study. See some of the nuances and tips that you give for fighters or use?

Comment

I'm a former USA/ABF trainer for Region 1 and trained at the Olympic Training Center in Colo. Springs.
                My gym opened 1969-70 and remains opened today owned and operated by one of my student members from the 80's.
                I've trained with and against world pro boxers and have worked all over the world.
                There are some sports page articles about me on this forum from a few months back. I think there in the history section.

What you need work on is more important than what you do right.
                Reps Reps and then more Reps............everyday 3 rds in the mirror correcting!

talk soon Ray

Comment

good stuff man. keep up!

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
                    I'm a former USA/ABF trainer for Region 1 and trained at the Olympic Training Center in Colo. Springs.
                    My gym opened 1969-70 and remains opened today owned and operated by one of my student members from the 80's.
                    I've trained with and against world pro boxers and have worked all over the world.
                    There are some sports page articles about me on this forum from a few months back. I think there in the history section.

What you need work on is more important than what you do right.
                    Reps Reps and then more Reps............everyday 3 rds in the mirror correcting!

talk soon Ray
                    good stuff

I think I heard you were in the game a while but I hardly go in the history section anymore.

did you ever used post on east side boxing forum.

Comment

Working...
                    X