• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hhs661 View Post
    nahmsayin??

Hell year boi

Comment

Originally posted by WTF Huck! View Post
      Can he? I doubt he can remember much of anything these days, and whatever memories he has of his time in the ring must be very bittersweet.
      You do know he won the world title in 2007? Not 1957. He can remember.

Comment

If I remember correctly he got me my first ban! Started a thread that claimed to have Pavlik training camp photos and inside it was a bunch of pics of auschwitz.

I was a different poster back then.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
          one of the things that makes it hardest for me is seeing kelly, in his prime, talking after fights. truly a humble, genuine guy. no joke, if you can't remember what a prime post fight interview from kelly looked like, check it out.

none of this, "i want to thank god for making me the most talented dude in the universe," attempt at being humble stuff. kelly pavlik was a genuinely humble, likeable guy. used to talk about his opponents' strengths in a manner that wasn't self serving, thank his sparring partners , and just generally be an all purpose charmer.

he also hit like a mule, had a very complete offensive arsenal, and was a 6'2" middleweight with a great chin. won the lineal middleweight championship of the world. i don't know if there was a more legit "title" in boxing at the time. trace that **** back to bernard f#cking hopkins, a legend.

out of youngstown, ohio? heck of a story and fighter. i was a fan.

pavlik - taylor was one of the most intense boxing experiences of my life. i was a JT fanboy in 2005 . been in the pavlik fanclub since the miranda fight. holy guacamole was that a fight. i'll post it here like ****o:

some kelly ****

it's tempting to only talk about the good stuff in the pavlik appreciation thread, but you're not really telling the stories of either jermain or kelly if you don't talk about the fall from grace. both men ruined the chance to continue to live meaningful lives and make a lot of money. that those two nice kids turned into derranged old men in 10 years for my entertainment is honestly troubling. boxing is not a joke.
          If I could green k you I would.

Comment

Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post

I like the shirt tho

Comment

aldo5408

Comment

Originally posted by SouthPawHitman View Post
                Probably the best thread here at boxingscene.com
                Not many men go up ten pounds to fight the Goat Hopkins
                Gg is only willing to go up four pounds.
                America gives birth to men

Comment

Originally posted by aldo5408 View Post
                  Probably the best thread here at boxingscene.com
                  Of course it is. It was made by yours truly.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                    one of the things that makes it hardest for me is seeing kelly, in his prime, talking after fights. truly a humble, genuine guy. no joke, if you can't remember what a prime post fight interview from kelly looked like, check it out.

none of this, "i want to thank god for making me the most talented dude in the universe," attempt at being humble stuff. kelly pavlik was a genuinely humble, likeable guy. used to talk about his opponents' strengths in a manner that wasn't self serving, thank his sparring partners , and just generally be an all purpose charmer.

he also hit like a mule, had a very complete offensive arsenal, and was a 6'2" middleweight with a great chin. won the lineal middleweight championship of the world. i don't know if there was a more legit "title" in boxing at the time. trace that **** back to bernard f#cking hopkins, a legend.

out of youngstown, ohio? heck of a story and fighter. i was a fan.

pavlik - taylor was one of the most intense boxing experiences of my life. i was a JT fanboy in 2005 . been in the pavlik fanclub since the miranda fight. holy guacamole was that a fight. i'll post it here like ****o:

some kelly ****

it's tempting to only talk about the good stuff in the pavlik appreciation thread, but you're not really telling the stories of either jermain or kelly if you don't talk about the fall from grace. both men ruined the chance to continue to live meaningful lives and make a lot of money. that those two nice kids turned into derranged old men in 10 years for my entertainment is honestly troubling. boxing is not a joke.
                    Absolutely. Both Pavlik and Taylor are living proof of the devastating aftereffects that can face fighters after their time in the spotlight is over. Neither of these guys will live to be old men, most likely, and what life is left to them will be little more than an unstoppable spiral into oblivion. Very few boxers ever leave the sport better off than before. They trade bits of their life for our entertainment. Too often we as boxing fans just don't appreciate or acknowledge that. We should.

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
                      I liked him -- he was a skinny tall guy with a very long reach for a middleweight.
                      He didn't fight Paul Williams, and he was schooled by Sergio Martinez and Bernard Hopkins.
                      Fuccing idiot. Hopkins would have school gg too

Comment

Working...
                      X