Collapse
No announcement yet.

20 years from now what would you say about this era of boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would say people missed alot of good boxing because they were too busy looking at PPV numbers.

Comment

Juan Manuel Marquez and James Toney.

Comment

when it comes down to it i will talk about one of the purest boxers i have ever watched nicknamed pretty boy. i will tell of how the beast from the philipinnes swept through boxing like a storm. of an unbreakable man by the name of marquez. ill talk about the great featherweights. of hopkins and how he did the unthinkable.of a man they called sugar and another who was golden since he was a boy. that the thunder made the lightning look tame. and most of all, i will remember that superheroes are real. that i lived in the time of superman.

Comment

Originally posted by sammiza567 View Post
          when it comes down to it i will talk about one of the purest boxers i have ever watched nicknamed pretty boy. i will tell of how the beast from the philipinnes swept through boxing like a storm. of an unbreakable man by the name of marquez. ill talk about the great featherweights. of hopkins and how he did the unthinkable.of a man they called sugar and another who was golden since he was a boy. that the thunder made the lightning look tame. and most of all, i will remember that superheroes are real. that i lived in the time of superman.
          Lol... Great post!!

Comment

Originally posted by larryx2013 View Post
            Lets say you are sitting with your kids/grand kids,what POSITIVE things would you have to say about this era of boxing,what fights would you talk about,what fighters would you hold in the greatest regard?
            First of all, which era? Define a start/stop point. If you are a teenager, I don't even want to know what you think of as an "era". But it would surely be different from many of the rest of us.
            But to humor myself, the only positive is that I got to witness the legendary careers of Floyd and Oscar.

The negatives are more important for my offspring to know. I also witnessed the deterioration of the fanbase of boxing with the rise of Manny. Also an era of ducking and catchweights.

Comment

Originally posted by 26 and Live View Post
              Lol... Great post!!
              I would say it was a time of media made super boxers, but lacked the grittiness of prior eras. I would make Pac and Holyfield as exceptions to the rule.

Comment

I will tell my kids that although mayweather and manny were the ones getting all the spot light that there were other tremendous boxers who suffered because of the media hype between them...

I will tell them the end of my era started with the birth of andre ward's quest for p4p no.1

I will tell them of hopkins, marquez and his insane counter punching , oscar, winky, mayorga's insane antics, margarito's cheating... Shane mosely defying the odds against margs, Gamboa's insane skills, and most of all about the ultimate blood and guts warrior Arturo "Thunder" Gatti who my son Is named after... Ohhh yeah and Winky... To show them how important a weapon a tight defence and good jab is.

Comment

Originally posted by da_beast View Post
                  I will tell my kids that although mayweather and manny were the ones getting all the spot light that there were other tremendous boxers who suffered because of the media hype between them...

I will tell them the end of my era started with the birth of andre ward's quest for p4p no.1

I will tell them of hopkins, marquez and his insane counter punching , oscar, winky, mayorga's insane antics, margarito's cheating... Shane mosely defying the odds against margs, Gamboa's insane skills, and most of all about the ultimate blood and guts warrior Arturo "Thunder" Gatti who my son Is named after... Ohhh yeah and Winky... To show them how important a weapon a tight defence and good jab is.
                  Dont forget about Kostya Tszu. No mention of this era is complete without him.

Comment

sammiza567

Swag...............

Comment

ya'll may say things aint great now.but when you get older you will appreciate it alot more in retrospect

Comment

Working...
                      X