No announcement yet.

Elroy1's Greatest Hits Mega Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by creekrat77
    I made this thread because I knew you would come in here picking Morrison because he is "bigger". Morrison has a horrible defense and Louis would fold him with that overhand right. As long as Louis doesn't get hit early with a left hook he will time and finish Morrison.
    Originally posted by Elroy1
    I did not pick Morrison because he was bigger.

I picked Morrison because he was bigger,
    Stronger,
    Far more powerful,
    MUCH faster,
    Has a MUCH better defence, Louis had a WAY worse one!
    Has far better overall boxing skills than rudimentary skilled Louis!
    And has a resume approximately 10x better than Louis's.
    And visibly looks much better on film.

Louis stands nothing but a small punchers chance, that's it! A very FAT chance at that!
    Yea but Louis is overall the more skilled coordinated ring tactician. He is also one of the best finishers to ever grace this sport. I think you put too much emphasis on size. Look at Manny Pacquiao, he is a natural 135 lber at this point in his career and will probably be fighting Canelo this May. Canelo has trouble making 154 and he is about to get Margarito'd if he keeps moving forward. Pacquiao is just a more effective, more efficient boxer and will beat most anybody from 135 to 147. Same goes for Joe Louis.
    Louis is a good finisher? MORRISON is a finisher from start to finish. The moment Morrison has someone hurt, and often even when he didn't, he banged them straight out.

The size is a factor but forget about that for a sec and just look at Tommy go? Obviously I'm not using just size because Louis beat bigger men.

It's beyond the scope of what Louis is capable of to have withstood anything like that imo.

I've seen much of Louis and it isn't really impressive.

I think up until the 60's he could have been a competitive fighter but nothing but fodder there after to be fair. And that's a compliment to Louis.
    Who do you think has better ring generalship and overall boxing IQ? Joe Louis, a guy who rose from the pit of impoverished America and becoming the World Heavyweight Champion from 1937-1949, surmounting in one of the most influential boxers for years to come. Or Tommy Morrison, a guy with a leaky defense and is known to be KO'd cold in the first round at the top of his game.
    Morrison lost only 3 fights out of around 50. 1 was against a guy with much less experience (10 fights) but otherwise a clean record of wins. He went on to lose 1 fight before necessarily retiring for health against another good boxer in Hide. On closer inspection, Bentt was one of the greatest ammy pedigreed boxers Amercia ever had berore turning pro. And on further inspection again, it appears Morrison was flogging Bentt and heading for a 1st round KO victory himself! Except his problem of not maintaining defence on offence cost him and he wound up getting caught hard himself. It's HW boxing.

The question is, was this a habit? No it wasn't! Case closed there, Morrison hardly ever lost! He was a winner. And the only time he was ever really out-boxed/out-classed was against Lennox bloody Lewis!

The rest of your synopsis flies in the face of observational evidence...

Morrison was a very good boxer and not easy to hit.

Louis was a punching bag who could not avoid a punch if his life depended on it!

The only reason Louis achieved far more than Morrison did was because his era and competition were something like around 100 times worse!
    Here's the link. Hook, line, sinker haha
    http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=664529

Comment

Originally posted by creekrat77 View Post
      Here's the link. Hook, line, sinker haha
      http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=664529
      This is the kind of stuff we are looking for in this thread. Moronic stuff said by Elroy1.

Comment

Elroy at least has originality, like him or not. Bad publicity is better than no publicity. It stirs people's minds, wakes them up.

Comment

Originally posted by -Weltschmerz- View Post
          Elroy at least has originality, like him or not. Bad publicity is better than no publicity. It stirs people's minds, wakes them up.
          You support anyone who rides Klitschko's dick. Other than Hayden.

Comment

Originally posted by -Weltschmerz- View Post
            Yea I like him haha. He clearly goes so far in absurdity that he is just trying to get a rise

Comment

Elroy really is an atg poster on here. Great entertainment.

Comment

Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
                Elroy really is an atg poster on here. Great entertainment.
                He is entertainment. But that post in your sig is a beauty. It is going in this thread.

Comment

From El Blanco's sig

Originally posted by Elroy1 View Post
                  Hagler was a poor mans Canelo Alvarez

Comment

Originally posted by BrushMyHair! View Post
                    From El Blanco's sig

Comment

Join the fan club!

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/group.php?groupid=448

Comment

Working...