Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I don't understand why people cook their vegetables.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I prefer carrots uncooked

and some vegetables like brussel sprouts and cauliflower I prefer in the garbage.

But most veggies work real well in stir fry and many are great on the grill.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
      How hard did you get hit by that monster that came through last week? Any damage to your property?

we got about two feet. maybe a bit more in spots. they got 40 inches in western MA and CT. cray.

crib held out good. she's faced with brick, so she's quite a tank.

Comment

Originally posted by Trigg Happpy! View Post
        The heck is that?

it's a reference to one of my favorite novels, one flew over the cuckoo's nest.

the characters are in a nuthouse. the bscene lounge is like the nuthouse. the protagonist, mack, declares himself the bull goose looney, or the craziest man in the nuthouse.

you come up with a new thread each week to validate my nomination of you as the biggest nutter on boxingscene.

Comment

I know if you over cook meat like chicken steak etc you lose some of the nutrients but not sure abiout veges probably lose some but not all of them .

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
            it's a reference to one of my favorite novels, one flew over the cuckoo's nest.

the characters are in a nuthouse. the bscene lounge is like the nuthouse. the protagonist, mack, declares himself the bull goose looney, or the craziest man in the nuthouse.

you come up with a new thread each week to validate my nomination of you as the biggest nutter on boxingscene.
            I see! Green k sent!

Comment

Originally posted by Trigg Happpy! View Post
              Once you cook a vegetables you kill all the nutrients. People always say I'm crazy for eating them raw yet there the ones that are always sick and out of shape. A cooked vegetable is a dead vegetable. EAT THEM RAW!!!
              I think you should go out and eat a huge plate of raw yuca to celebrate.

Comment

that's a myth.

some nutrients are killed when you cook vegetables- namely vitamin C

but other nutrients are enhanced when you cook them.. like lycopene(which is a more potent form of antioxidant than vitamin C and targets other specialized free radicals that vitamin C cant) and carotenoids in certain vegetables.

there are advantages and disadvantages to both but to limit yourself to only one harms your own nutrition.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Yeah, well I don't understand why you jerk off to feet either, so I guess that makes us even.

Comment

Originally posted by ElBossHogg™ View Post
                    I eat for taste not health.

so you eat a potato raw?
                    Potatoes are misclassified...they are root products, not vegetables

Comment

Originally posted by Strictly_UG View Post
                      that's a myth.

some nutrients are killed when you cook vegetables- namely vitamin C

but other nutrients are enhanced when you cook them.. like lycopene(which is a more potent form of antioxidant than vitamin C and targets other specialized free radicals that vitamin C cant) and carotenoids in certain vegetables.

there are advantages and disadvantages to both but to limit yourself to only one harms your own nutrition.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
                      You're insane! I haven't had any problems. My doctor told me that all my numbers are good. I've been doing this for two years. A lot of you guys are very mislead but it's not your fault. You need to do very extensive research like I did.

Comment

Working...
                      X