Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why the abortion debate is never black and white...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Boxingtech718v2 View Post
    I'm not against child support as a WHOLE. I'm against it being used as a weapon to rob a man of dignity when he never consented to becoming a father in the first place. Guys who KNOWINGLY go into fatherhood have a responsibility to the child. I'm assuming your ex did this so this doesn't include him.

It seems that common sense isn't so common these days. Especially on boxingscene.
    Granted the choice to have sex kind of makes it hard to claim ignorance.

Comment

• Originally posted by madsweeney View Post
      Granted the choice to have sex kind of makes it hard to claim ignorance.
      People don't sole have sex to procreate. If so then ****sexuality should be outlawed. The whole premise that by having sex you consent to child birth argument is flawed. Hell nobody should have sex then unless they are, married, heterosexual, and over the age of twenty-five.

But you know what I meant to say is that those who CONSENT .....

I really don't care about what women want to do with themselves my point is that as a man: LEAVE US OUT ENTIRELY THEN!
      Last edited by Boxingtech718v2; 03-16-2012, 01:16 PM.

Comment

I'm not against child support as a WHOLE. I'm against it being used as a weapon to rob a man of dignity when he never consented to becoming a father in the first place. Guys who KNOWINGLY go into fatherhood have a responsibility to the child. I'm assuming your ex did this so this doesn't include him. But guys who get dragged kicking and screaming into it should be spared. At least this way there would be less unwanted kids in the world.
        I am not advocating men being 'forced' into fatherhood with a woman they would rather not be attached to for the rest of their life. What I am advocating is PREVENTION.

If you can't see yourself taking care of a kid with a girl, wrap your **** up and prevent it. Responsibility is key.

Originally posted by madsweeney View Post
        Hi issue is with the inequality in the decision making of abortions. Women get to choose what they do to their bodies, but their choice affects the man they had sex with (if he wants the child or not). There is a legitimate argument he brings up in that her rights are super-ceding his.

I understand what he is saying; but my stand point is the above.

If you don't want to have a child, use protection.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bossy View Post
          I am not advocating men being 'forced' into fatherhood with a woman they would rather not be attached to for the rest of their life. What I am advocating is PREVENTION.

If you can't see yourself taking care of a kid with a girl, wrap your **** up and prevent it. Responsibility is key.

I understand what he is saying; but my stand point is the above.

If you don't want to have a child, use protection.
          I agree the onus is on both to wrap it up. He made the mistake not to wear a codom. BUT she made the mistake to still let him hit. Plus she could also wear a condom herself. So if we want to be **** about it that is two violations on the female side of the equation.

Are you trying to insist that the man alone has responsibility for protection?

Comment

I agree the onus is on both to wrap it up. He made the mistake not to wear a codom. BUT she made the mistake to still let him hit. Plus she could also wear a condom herself. So if we want to be **** about it that is two violations the female side of the equation.

Are you trying to insist that the man alone has responsibility for protection?
            No not at all.

My point is only you can be responsible for you. What if the chick you're sleeping with wants a kid and you don't? Why would she protect herself? If her sole intention is to be pregnant by you?

That falls under you should be responsible for yourself.

I know I don't want any more children at this time in my life, I know I am not on birth control, I know if I was to have sex, it wouldn't be happening without a condom. Because I know what I want and need at this point in my life. I am taking responsibility by refusing to have unprotected sex. Period.

Should have, could have, would have. If you depend on anyone other than yourself to make a responsible decision for your sexual health, you have failed yourself already.

Comment

No not at all.

My point is only you can be responsible for you. What if the chick you're sleeping with wants a kid and you don't? Why would she protect herself? If her sole intention is to be pregnant by you?

That falls under you should be responsible for yourself.

I know I don't want any more children at this time in my life, I know I am not on birth control, I know if I was to have sex, it wouldn't be happening without a condom. Because I know what I want and need at this point in my life. I am taking responsibility by refusing to have unprotected sex. Period.

Should have, could have, would have. If you depend on anyone other than yourself to make a responsible decision for your sexual health, you have failed yourself already.
              That's why there should be an option for the man to avoid unwanted fatherhood.
              Women have an option to avoid motherhood it's called freaking abortion.
              This isn't circular logic I'm using here.

Comment

That's why there should be an option for the man to avoid unwanted fatherhood.
                Women have an option to avoid motherhood it's called freaking abortion.
                This isn't circular logic I'm using here.
                You're killing me here

Men do have that option. Don't have unprotected sex.

If you think it is less invasive to have a full medical procedure than it is to put on a little piece of latex, I am completely lost for words.

Comment

You're killing me here

Men do have that option. Don't have unprotected sex.

If you think it is less invasive to have a full medical procedure than it is to put on a little piece of latex, I am completely lost for words.
                  Don't be coy with me you know what I'm getting at. Both man and woman can not have unprotected sex. Also sex is not just for procreation so just because you have sex doesn't mean you consent to becoming a parent. Obviously you understand this that is why you are pro-choice for women but you don't see that a man deserves a similar choice. The choice to keep his wallet in his pocket. I think until women realize this we as men should vote against every pro-choice measure. Chick got pregnant too bad, no abortions, should have worn a condom. That's basically what you are doing.

You want to have the baby, and I don't well fine, I'll sign here and you can go right ahead.
                  I bet nine times out of ten the conversation changes to getting an abortion.
                  Last edited by Boxingtech718v2; 03-16-2012, 01:41 PM.

Comment

• Are you just fucking dumb?

Comment

• Sounds to me like you want a male equivalent of an abortion.

You're not a sea horse, you ****.

Comment

Working...
                      X