Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should've Joe Cortez stopped the fight in the 10th round?!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, it should have been stopped in the 1st

What kind of BS is this? I didn't know there were so many Khan haters on this board, I'm going to have to defend the guy and I don't even like him much

Comment

Originally posted by Pirao View Post
      No, it should have been stopped in the 1st

What kind of BS is this? I didn't know there were so many Khan haters on this board, I'm going to have to defend the guy and I don't even like him much
      Im not hating, just basing on facts.

Comment

No...

Khan wasn't literally a walking zombie, though he was clearly hurt. But had Khan been knocked down and gotten up and still received punishment, I could see the fight then stopping. Khan made it up to that round, was only right to let the fight go considering he was very successful prior to the right hand he got hit with.

Comment

No he was still defending himself, still throwing back and still in the fight ( winning actually).

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
            Hell no

There are times when you stop a fight in a 1 sided beatdown, Briggs and Marg, when the guy getting beaten up has no chance of winning

But in a competitive fight, where the guy who is hurt is winning and is still on his feet and is surviving, you let it go on
            Well put. The fight rightfully wasn't stopped and that's about the only think Cortez got right Sat night...

Comment

Refs should always give the champ chances to defend his belt.

Comment

The fact that Khan survived and won tells you pretty clearly that he made the right choice in letting the fight continue. I was a bit worried between rounds though when Khan seemed completely incoherent and dazed in his corner.

Comment

He didn't get hit by an awful lot after the initial punch. He was clearly hurt, but he was still defending himself. I mean compare this round with Katsidis the other week - some people were complaining that stoppage was too early, yet Katsidis got caught with far far more in that round than Khan did on Saturday. I think it would have been an extremely controversial decision to stop the fight there.

Comment

I know I'm glad he didn't. I think the problem was how he reffed the round. he kept coming up with phantom reasons to break them up

Comment

Hell no should it be stopped. The boy was on his feet and dancing.

Fcuk the malvinas, the falklands will always be british!!!!!!! Id be embarassed to write that if we had lost to those argie chumps.

Comment

Working...
                      X