• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forget about the future of Mayweather vs. Pacquiao, when is ARUM Retiring

Some good points in this article!

http://www.theboxinghistorian.com/ne.../8024-arum.php

Forget about the future of Mayweather vs. Pacquiao, when is ARUM Retiring

Mark Louis: Many fans question the future of Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Its common knowledge Manny Pacquiao’s Mother wants her son to retire and the WBO welterweight champion got his mothers blessing for one more fight before hanging them up to concentrate on his recent success on the political stage.

Concerning Floyd Mayweather Jr, he returned from temporary retirement in 2007 and vowed to have three more fights before retiring to concentrate his efforts on Mayweather promotions. We are now two fights in and the 33-year-olds next fight could be his last. I would even go as far as to suggest Floyd’s future hangs on the outcome of his Uncle Rogers court trial which is due to commence on August 2nd, if convicted Floyd Jr could hang them up immediately, as Roger has been a huge part of Floyd’s success, training him since he turned professional in 1996.

When is Bob Arum retiring?

Now don’t get me wrong I’m well aware the promotional roll is a tough one, trying to find a balance between earning your fighter the most lucrative fight with the highest earnings, while keeping the fans happy with an intriguing and competitive match up can’t be easy.
    But when it comes to Uncle Bob he seems to have nothing but his own interests on the table, he repeatedly matches his fighters with each other so he can monopolise on the revenue.

Mr Arum would have us think it were he who took boxing back on the big stage, staging a fight billed “The Event” at the Dallas Cowboys stadium. In truth, this has been happening in Europe for many years, Joe Calzaghe and Ricky Hatton filled out football venues in the UK, while in Germany the Klitschko brothers usually sell out football arenas.

Arums “The Event” was nothing more than a calculated money spinner; knowing hardcore fight fans are not so easily fooled Arum used the Stadium as a way of promoting the fight, knowing, as we did, Clottey was not up to the job. Rewind to the beginning of the year; was there a human on planet earth who actually picked Clottey to win that fight.

Now Bob is up to his old tricks again; setting a “deadline” for Mayweather when he knew fine well Mayweather would not sign any contract until after the availability of his trainer and Uncle Roger who is due to stand trial on August 2nd was clear.

This manoeuvre allowed Arum to make the Pacquiao vs. Margarito (another Arum fighter) bout, while laying the blame at Mayweather’s door for there being no mega fight between him and the Filipino.

Are we really that naive we cannot see the calculated tactics used by Top Rank who are scared to death to match Pacquiao with Mayweather? Also, before he is a fighter Manny Pacquiao is a Man, and every Man should have a say in their affairs, I refuse to accept that Manny or Freddie Roach for that matter has no say in future opponents, I also refuse to accept that they are that stupid they do not recognise the underhand tactics adopted by Top Rank.

As one of the so called world’s leading “promoters” Bob Arum has failed in his attempt (or lack of) to bring us fans the best fight between the two top pound for pound fighters. Promoters are judged on their matchmaking and after allowing his personal feud with Floyd Mayweather Jr to hinder negotiations Arum should disappear and retire from the sport of boxing.

Good read...

The answer is never...

Comment

Originally posted by Walterson View Post
      ... Also, before he is a fighter Manny Pacquiao is a Man, and every Man should have a say in their affairs, I refuse to accept that Manny or Freddie Roach for that matter has no say in future opponents, I also refuse to accept that they are that stupid they do not recognise the underhand tactics adopted by Top Rank.

As one of the so called world’s leading “promoters” Bob Arum has failed in his attempt (or lack of) to bring us fans the best fight between the two top pound for pound fighters. Promoters are judged on their matchmaking and after allowing his personal feud with Floyd Mayweather Jr to hinder negotiations Arum should disappear and retire from the sport of boxing.
      Sooo biased. And what efforts can you say of Floyd and GBP???

Did absolutely nothing.

Am I to believe that ALL Mayweather fans are complete m0rons?
      Last edited by ThunderWolf; 07-25-2010, 09:24 AM.

Comment

I don't think Manny would have a problem facing mayweather, Arum is the road block of all roadblocks though....greedy old man

Comment

Originally posted by ThunderWolf View Post
          Sooo biased. What efforts can you say of Floyd and GBP???

Did absolutely nothing.
          It was a bit biased, but read it anyway. I have made a choice...There are some fans (like the TS) that are nothing but biased toward certain fighters (no need to dispute it, we all know).

I have now chose not to see that anymore. Why? Cause how doesn't it effect me? It doesn't. Haters will hate...That is there job (Kat Williams), and it is a fulltime job at that.

There were some good points in there though.

Comment

Originally posted by ThunderWolf View Post
            Sooo biased. And what efforts can you say of Floyd and GBP???

Did absolutely nothing.

Am I to believe that ALL Mayweather fans are complete m0rons?

*****s will blame everything on Arum just so that their lady boy can fight GBP circle fights like he did 4 time in a row,against 35+ years old opponents!

If its all Arum s fault then why sissy aint fighting Paul Williams?

Last time I checked Williams aint under Top Rank!!

Comment

Originally posted by HandSpeed303 View Post
              It was a bit biased, but read it anyway. I have made a choice...There are some fans (like the TS) that are nothing but biased toward certain fighters (no need to dispute it, we all know).

I have now chose not to see that anymore. Why? Cause how doesn't it effect me? It doesn't. Haters will hate...That is there job (Kat Williams), and it is a fulltime job at that.

There were some good points in there though.
              My only role here was to put up an article that I believe had some good points, notice the buzz word here is 'some,' which diffentiates from the word, "all"...

Comment

If the article was written by me, then that gives obvious reason for critique. However, I'm just messenger, so don't shoot me, especially when I've highlighted in my opening line that I agree with "some" points, which from my understanding of the English language is very different from "all".

Comment

My only role here was to put up an article that I believe had some good points, notice the buzz word here is 'some,' which diffentiates from the word, "all"...
                  I gotcha. I really wasn't coming at you or anything. Sorry if you took it that way...Maybe I did take a little shot at cha (my bad)..

Dude said that the article was biased, and it was a bit. That doesn't mean it stopped me from reading it, and noticing some good points in the article.

I have turned over a new leaf with all fans. I could care less how ******ed they are now (that last sentence wasn't directed at you, or anyone in this topic)...
                  Last edited by HandSpeed303; 07-25-2010, 09:46 AM.

Comment

If the article was written by me, then that gives obvious reason for critique. However, I'm just messenger, so don't shoot me, especially when I've highlighted in my opening line that I agree with "some" points, which from my understanding of the English language is very different from "all".
                    Post #9.......

Comment

Working...
                    X