Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lara: Canelo Showed His Fear, I'll Fight Golovkin at Full 160

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by New England View Post
    golovkin wouldn't even get sanctioned to fight most of the guys on lara's resume. he'd probably win every fight by knockout. at the very least, that's surely how vegas would handicap them.

golovkin's not only a middleweight, he's a much, much higher ranked pound for pounder.
    Name the 35 bums Golovkin fought you coward.

Comment

• Originally posted by BreWall View Post
      If the others are ducking, why not take this fight?
      That's what I don't get, instead of fighting lesser known names, why not fight Lara? If Lara is that easy like everyone is claiming Angulo nearly stopped him and cut the ring off him etc why isn't GGG stepping up and using Lara as a keep busy fight?

Comment

• If no Saunders or Jacobs then **** it make this fight.

Personally I don't see it being competitive. If Lara really wanted it he should fight someone at 160 first (doesn't even have to be Jacobs although it would be nice), but at this point I don't care just make it and shut up the delusional haters.

Do people really think Lara can win? At best he ruins Golovkin's KO streak because he runs more than anyone in boxing. But let's be real he's not gonna win.

Hey maybe he will look great tonight and make a statement that would actually warrant him getting the fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ray* View Post
          That's what I don't get, instead of fighting lesser known names, why not fight Lara? If Lara is that easy like everyone is claiming Angulo nearly stopped him and cut the ring off him etc why isn't GGG stepping up and using Lara as a keep busy fight?
          Lets say Andre Dirrell kept saying he wanted to fight Kovalev, why should Kovalev have to fight him?

Comment

• What a joke

Comment

• Originally posted by LeonSpinxMwfpce View Post
              Lets say Andre Dirrell kept saying he wanted to fight Kovalev, why should Kovalev have to fight him?
              If GGG doesn't have much options (No Canelo, no unification) why not Lara? MW is thin and who else is there to fight? If Lara wants to come to 160 then why not? Hagler fought mugabi who was a LMW... Again what is so wrong in one good fighter moving up one weight class? I would rather GGG fight Lara than him fighting Monroe, Wade etc type of opponents, if they can get Lemieux type of opposition at 160 great if not then Lara is a good choice.

Comment

• Originally posted by torosboxing75 View Post
                If GGG would've fought Lara when he first called him out, the same haters that mention Lara would've said "why's GGG fighting small guys" and if GGG didn't fight Lemieux they would say "why's GGG scared to face a hard puncher like Lemieux".
                So no it doesn't hold more weight. In fact they would 've just talked crap about it and said GGG was picking on a smaller guy that lost to Canyellow, got dropped by Angulo and struggled with Vanes.

Possibly true, but they wouldn't be able to say that Golovkin has never fought an opponent with world-class skills..... and they wouldn't be able to say that he ducked Lara LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by Southpawology View Post
                  Why do people act like lara is a threat to GGG? Angulo, YES, Alfredo Angulo was cutting off the ring on lara and he dropped him what do you think GGG will do??? lol

Why does Team Bull**** act like Lara is a threat ?

Triangle-theories don't work in boxing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Baltimore View Post
                    If no Saunders or Jacobs then **** it make this fight.

Personally I don't see it being competitive. If Lara really wanted it he should fight someone at 160 first (doesn't even have to be Jacobs although it would be nice), but at this point I don't care just make it and shut up the delusional haters.

Do people really think Lara can win? At best he ruins Golovkin's KO streak because he runs more than anyone in boxing. But let's be real he's not gonna win.

Hey maybe he will look great tonight and make a statement that would actually warrant him getting the fight.

WTF ?

I think you have missed the point.

Lara is a tricky Cuban southpaw who is notoriously difficult to look good against, and Golovkin needs to set in order to be effective.

I favor Golovkin in that fight..... but they do not want to risk Golovkin looking bad and failing to put Lara away..... or worse.

That is EXACTLY why they won't fight him.

Ward = mover/spoiler.... so, nope !
                    Mora = mover/spoiler.... so, nope !
                    Lara = mover/spoiler.... so, nope !

Mora is the obvious one.

About 2-3 years back when they turned him down, Mora would have been the perfect opponent for a guy on the way up..... an ex-champ who had clearly faded.

Once is a coincidence, twice is a pattern, three times is a gameplan.
                    Last edited by aboutfkntime; 05-21-2016, 10:03 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by LeonSpinxMwfpce View Post

He shouldn't..... unless he is fighting opponents who are worse

Comment

Working...
                      X