Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Rigo beats Flash would he be the FASTEST rising BOXER of all time??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Rigo beats Flash would he be the FASTEST rising BOXER of all time??

I can't remember someone having so much hype after just a few fights and even if they did I can't remember someone actually getting a shot at the top dog in such small amount of fights?? (11 fights total for Rigo)

Could we be looking at the NEW way boxing will be ran?? has boxing taken a page out of UFC where kats come in and a few fights later they are champions??? no longer will 25-35 fights be necessary before kats start to get shots for legitimate title in boxing??

Do you like this type of handling of a fighter????

whachugot???

no not really...rigo has had an extensive amateur career which allowed him to progress faster instead of learning on the job...he's also over 30 and not really that active either

Comment

I don't know, Charlie Zelenoff KO'd Floyd Sr right? LOL

Comment

Leon Spinks beat Ali in his 8th fight and was pro for only one year.

Rigondeaux had to move fast because he turned pro so late and his great amateur background. He's 32 years old so the time is now.
        Last edited by ИATAS; 02-22-2013, 01:51 PM.

Comment

He'd be the fastest that I can remember. I dont think boxing is changing though. We'll still see promoters protecting and milking guys for years to build them up. I don't think this is a new strategy that Top Rank is using to build up a guy right away, I think they believe they are feeding a guy to Donaire.

Comment

Originally posted by RL_GMA View Post
            I don't know, Charlie Zelenoff KO'd Floyd Sr right? LOL
            Yeah but Zelenoff was on the juice at the time......little known FACT that fight is what prompted Jr to be a little ***** about testing....he figured if Zele can do that to pops on the juice anyone can beat me if they on the juice too....true story!!...

Comment

Originally posted by Silky Smooth View Post
              He'd be the fastest that I can remember. I dont think boxing is changing though. We'll still see promoters protecting and milking guys for years to build them up. I don't think this is a new strategy that Top Rank is using to build up a guy right away, I think they believe they are feeding a guy to Donaire.
              TR isn't feeding Rigondeaux to Donaire. How can the #1 fighter in the weight class be fed to the champion? It's simply a fight that has to be made.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
                Leon Spinks beat Ali in his 8th fight and was pro for only one year.

Rigondeaux had to move fast because he turned pro so late and his great amateur background. He's 32 years old so the time is now.
                Ali was a shell of his former self....and still beat Spinks right after that fight....

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
                  TR isn't feeding Rigondeaux to Donaire. How can the #1 fighter in the weight class be fed to the champion? It's simply a fight that has to be made.
                  Top Rank doesn't make the fights that have to be made, they make the fights that fit their business agenda. Nonito is their rising star and I think they believe they are putting him in with a guy he will beat.

Comment

Originally posted by RicDaRula View Post
                    Ali was a shell of his former self....and still beat Spinks right after that fight....

Ali was "the top dog" and the Heavyweight champion of the world coming off wins over Shavers and Norton. Regardless if he was past prime Spinks still got a shot at the heavyweight crown after only 7 fights.

Comment

Working...
                    X