Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GB trying to sabotage network deals before they start?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah the post doesn't really make sense.

"If boxers start getting drafted by other networks, the promoters start losing out on cash big time."

If another network starts bidding on events, that's even more money that goes into the promoters pockets as it just infuses the industry with more loot. Then the CBS/Showtime relationship. I just don't get it.

Comment

Do you know the type of money can be made in the US off of Network TV with Advertisment and Companies playing to show their commercials during your Event...that can bring in way more money actually then a PPV Event that doesn't reach 1 Million...NFL Super Bowl is the biggest Sporting Event In America and that comes on Network TV and that Generates BILLIONS $$$

But also to me the CBS thing seems to be more of a AL HAYMON PROJECT! Look at the card on CBS, it is all Al Haymon newly signed fighters being showcased with Leo Santa Cruz Headlining who is also with Al Haymon

So no I don't think they are trying to Sabotage...but don't expect any Top Fighters Fighting on CBS though!

Comment

Originally posted by Simply Zyzz View Post
        Cbs owns Showtime... Didn't even bother reading the rest of your book after that first stupid sentence

and? why would they want the biggest fights on CBS when they can have them on showtime where people have to pay.

Theyre there to make money. They must think they can make more with the current model than moving more fights to CBS because otherwise they would be pressing more for it.

Comment

Originally posted by snoopymiller View Post
          Yeah the post doesn't really make sense.

"If boxers start getting drafted by other networks, the promoters start losing out on cash big time."

If another network starts bidding on events, that's even more money that goes into the promoters pockets as it just infuses the industry with more loot. Then the CBS/Showtime relationship. I just don't get it.

They may be worried with too many changes that the current model gets shaken up. The same way they were complaining a lot about 10 years ago saying that HBO and Showtime were trying to skip the promoters and promote them on their own.

Something new comes a long and it could be a threat to their current setup. I mean going to over the air TV they are changing the way they fight gets paid for right there and they may be worried that CBS thinks its too expensive to pay Top Rank and GBP and starts trying to get around them.

Comment

Originally posted by el*** View Post
            and? why would they want the biggest fights on CBS when they can have them on showtime where people have to pay.

Theyre there to make money. They must think they can make more with the current model than moving more fights to CBS because otherwise they would be pressing more for it.
            Way more viewers on CBS and way more exposure!

Comment

Originally posted by Simply Zyzz View Post
              Cbs owns Showtime... Didn't even bother reading the rest of your book after that first stupid sentence
              yup, i see this an effort from the parent company to make boxing available to more audience, thats great news for boxing...

Comment

GBP aren't real promoters... they glorified booking agents.... HBO and Showtime are the real promoters of GBP

Comment

Originally posted by "Smokin Sugar" View Post
                  Way more viewers on CBS and way more exposure!

Think about it though. It was originally on network TV and they moved it off to premium channels. It did have more exposure back in the day as well, but yet there is more money in it today when they charge for PPV. I dont think they want to go back to be honest. They dont care about views they care about dollars.

Comment

Originally posted by el*** View Post
                    Think about it though. It was originally on network TV and they moved it off to premium channels. It did have more exposure back in the day as well, but yet there is more money in it today when they charge for PPV. I dont think they want to go back to be honest. They dont care about views they care about dollars.
                    yeah, but they can use network TV to bring more exposure to their up and coming boxers... just imagine watching Broner fighting on network TV... he could develop a broad based following if they did taht

Comment

Working...
                    X