Collapse
No announcement yet.

Carl Frampton vs Kiko Martinez RBR & discussion

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Fitzgerald wins the next two rounds I'd say this fight is a draw but I think he is gassed out now.

Comment

I think Vera is a better fighter than Fitzgerald so I'm surprised Lee is struggling. Maybe there's some ring rust. Lee usually fights 3 or 4 times a year and he took a long break this time.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
        I think Vera is a better fighter than Fitzgerald so I'm surprised Lee is struggling. Maybe there's some ring rust. Lee usually fights 3 or 4 times a year and he took a long break this time.
        Ring rust or not he isn't fighting a top level middleweight this isn't a good excuse for Andy Lee...
        He's definitely lost some rounds against Gerald, It's a good thing he never got put in the same ring as Sergio Martinez.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
          I don't think Lee was beating him. I had Chavez ahead at the stoppage.

I know the judges had him up. I'm not too sure what they were watching.

Lee's always looked dead average to me.

He seems to have improved since Vera stopped him but I don't think he's all that much better.
          Idk I had Lee up by 1 or 2. But anyway, that's not the point. Chavez was stepping up so we had to give him his credit. I don't think he should've been put in there vs another pressure fighter. Steward's passing and he's with a new trainer.

Comment

That was a decent scrap, but Lee isn't very far above that level.

Comment

I just don't understand that pat a cake mitt work. Looks like the trainer is doing more work than the fighter.
              Last edited by DoktorSleepless; 02-09-2013, 04:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1PunchKOPOW! View Post
                Idk I had Lee up by 1 or 2. But anyway, that's not the point. Chavez was stepping up so we had to give him his credit. I don't think he should've been put in there vs another pressure fighter. Steward's passing and he's with a new trainer.
                Adam Booth just isn't that great of a trainer simple as that, look what use he did for Selcuk Aydin.

Comment

Andy Lee asking to be knocked out now...

Comment

Originally posted by Keitha313 View Post
                    Adam Booth just isn't that great of a trainer simple as that, look what use he did for Selcuk Aydin.
                    That's where I saw Adam Booth... in Aydin's corner lol.

Lee takes on anyone, you gotta admire that. He just called Barker out.

Comment

Originally posted by Keitha313 View Post
                      Ring rust or not he isn't fighting a top level middleweight this isn't a good excuse for Andy Lee...
                      He's definitely lost some rounds against Gerald, It's a good thing he never got put in the same ring as Sergio Martinez.
                      As bad as his performance was, this was his first fight since he was stopped by Chavez and Emanuel Steward's death (who was a sort of father figure to him). He should probably take one or more tune-ups before stepping up again. If he fights Barker now he may very well get stopped.

Comment

Working...
                      X