Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Frontmen Battle : Morrissey -vs- Robert Smith (The Cure)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lightsout_finit
    To each his own welty!!

I do think the smiths/morrissey are pretty good.
    I think the cure are infinitely better doe....

Well Smith has an iconic look/hairstyle...
    Most people would recognize a silhoutte of him.
    Can you say the same about morrisey??

And If we are going by personality then morrisey is just
    a whiny b*tch who constantly says dumb ****. Particularly
    when talking about his animal rights, vegetarian, hippy, coward nonsense.
    Smith is seemingly the total opposite.

Yeah, they've been called goth, emo etc....
    Doesn't make it true by the way....
    So what if he doesn't chew meat and wants animals to be treaty nicely that's just personal lifestyle, has nothing to do with being a great frontman. Let's stay on topic perhaps.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
      Never enough is what you consider their best song LMAO? thats like a weak b side generic tune

out of all their classics you choose that?

This song is much better than never enough, and several others

I just enjoy that tune & it brings back good memories. Sure it was more of a mainstream tune but I really liked it. It's not like The Cure is one of my favorite bands or anything.

Comment

Never enough is what you consider their best song LMAO? thats like a weak b side generic tune

out of all their classics you choose that?

This song is much better than never enough, and several others

No denying this is a solid tune as well but I never heard a lot of their anthology. I guess when I said their best song I meant the best song that I had heard...

Comment

I liked them both when I was younger, but man... I cant listen to Morrissey anymore. Solo or The Smiths. I guess I'm just not miserable enough.

Looking like Robert Smith has got me laid a good portion of the times I have been laid. So Smith for the win.

Comment

Originally posted by lightsout_finit
            Jesus!
            You sound old!! lol!!

The part in bold is so hilariously phrased I can't tell if you're messing with me...

I have to admit though A lot of my favorite music, movies, video games, etc is stuff from the 80's and 90's...

However as much as i like old **** from my younger days.
            I'm not really the nostalgia type in that way.
            I like living in the present! And I would not want to live in the past.
            If I could time travel to the future though....

Oh and just to be clear i do think music and movies these days are ****ing awful (movies in particular)
            Man I miss the 80s, it has to do with the type of feel you get. It was more family oriented, now its weird people are haters, people are attention whores and vulgar and trying to get all the attention, the social media age brought out the narcissism it enabled a lot of people to be attention whores.

I remember in the 80s going to movies it was awesome, no internet and than bam the preview for a cool movie and everyone was WOW they were surprised and talking about the previews for these movies before the movie amped up.

Also people would go out more with their families, I remember every Friday the Blockbuster video or the Video rental places were packed families would go there to rent movies and talk amongst each other people were friendly.

They also never shoved the gay agenda, people were gay but never spoke about their sexuality, people didnt care 80s had some of the gayest styles but nobody talked about sexuality now everyone is gay this tranny that and trying to hate on you if you are traditional.

Malls were the place to be, now I go to a mall its empty, its not the same

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
              I just enjoy that tune & it brings back good memories. Sure it was more of a mainstream tune but I really liked it. It's not like The Cure is one of my favorite bands or anything.
              I never liked that song never enough, because for me it was The Cure trying to stay relevant with a poppy weird song, it wasnt even their style it was weird to be honest.

I like their pure stuff, just not a fan of that tune it doesnt sound like Cure if you know what I mean.

When I think of The Cure sound I think of this

Last edited by hectari; 01-22-2017, 10:57 PM.

Comment

I never liked that song never enough, because for me it was The Cure trying to stay relevant with a poppy weird song, it wasnt even their style it was weird to be honest.

I like their pure stuff, just not a fan of that tune it doesnt sound like Cure if you know what I mean.

When I think of The Cure sound I think of this

I see what you are saying it's similar to Jane's addiction when they got back together after many years & did the album "strays"... It had some good radio friendly rock & roll tunes but it wasn't the same junkie alt rock of their early days...

Comment

F**k It! This thread is making me look into adding some songs from the Cure & The Smiths to my iTunes collection... good job guys!

Comment

only like one morrissey song, how soon is now.
                    i like quite a few of the smiths songs.

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
                      the cure front man was a total ****ed up drug addict.....their best song is "never enough"
                      Love song was their best song....

Cure rule

War cure

Them and Duran Duran were great "gayish" rock bands...

Comment

Working...
                      X