No announcement yet.

Chances that Briggs wins vs Haye?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haye too fast, too smart.

Hope Shannon gets a nice payday. That's what this is all about anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
      I give Wilder a very good chance to beat Haye. Haye is more polished and experienced but Wilder has some things going for him. Neither guy has the greatest chin and both of them punch very hard. Wilder is younger, naturally bigger and stronger and has even faster hands than Haye in my opinion. Wilder has a big edge in stamina and averages throwing over twice as many punches per round as Haye. Wilder has never lost while Haye has lost twice and once by KO.
      Hayes ko was more about him running out of gas chasing a ko against a durable opponent.

Not ever looked like being koed since.

Comment

Originally posted by Sportsguy View Post
        Zero. He will be in England and it appears he is trying some business ventures like a reality show and spoke with Hearns about opportunities. However, Briggs is old, he cannot beat any of the upper level HWs.

Haye is an elite HW in his prime and should easily knockout Briggs.
        David Haye is 35 years old, and didn't look all that explosive against de Mori at almost 230lbs.

Though he's largely been fighting stiffs since coming back in 2014 (8-0, 7 KO's), Briggs walks into any fight 6'4", about 250lbs, with an 80" reach, decent boxing fundamentals, and pop.

If Haye looks as suspect as he did in January in May, I wouldn't hold my breath on Haye wrecking Briggs (even knowing how old he is).

Comment

Briggs is showing off his sword on instagram.

David better watch his back.

Comment

Briggs may not be much of a fighter any more but if there is one thing he is good at it's taking hard punches. I don't think he has ever been knocked down. Vitali gave him a vicious beating for 12 rounds and couldn't knock him down.
            That's a good point. Even though it was a while ago, he took a hammering and didn't fold.

I hope Briggs gets a few good payoffs before he walks away. I don't necessarily like the guy or find his antics enjoyable, but..at least he's trying to fight the top dogs.

The middling weight classes are the exact opposite, it's not about who you want to fight, but about who you want to avoid.

Comment

Briggs may not be much of a fighter any more but if there is one thing he is good at it's taking hard punches. I don't think he has ever been knocked down. Vitali gave him a vicious beating for 12 rounds and couldn't knock him down.
              Lewis beat the hell out of him for two rounds and dropped him numerous times but that was after Briggs really hurt him in the first three rounds. Briggs actually could have kept going. He wasn't completely out of it. He's one tough bastard.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                X