• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Panginoon View Post
    I want Dawson to win now
    you always wanted dawson to win

Comment

ward's trainer is annoying but i guess it makes for some entertainment before the fight. man, i'd rather have these two americans whoop on different fighters in their division but it is what it is. i honestly can't root against one, but since dawson is coming down in weight and going to ward's backyard, i hope he pulls off the upset. i just hope it's a great fight.

Comment

i like this to high skilled fighters facing each other might be boring, but as a boxing fan im really interested on this fight

Comment

Originally posted by Panginoon
          isn't Oakland one of the most violent dangerous places in America?
          In certain parts yes but ..the New York Times released its list of "The 45 Places to Go in 2012." (That's top 45 in the world.) And the first North American location on the list wasn't New York or Chicago or even San Francisco. It was the coolest new kid in the country, Oakland.

Oakland came in at number five overall on the Times list, cited for its "new restaurants and bars beckoning amid the grit." Even we have to admit that we were a bit surprised by the honor, but we were nevertheless excited. At first glance, the high ranking seemed a wee bit premature, but considering the much-lauded bar and restaurant scene, the grassroots arts community and new ideas with retail (see Popuphood), we are reminded why our Oakland really is on the international radar.

Ever since James Syhabout snagged the city's first Michelin Star for Commis in 2009, bars and restaurants have opened in Oakland with unrelenting energy. Art and nightlife lovers still flock to Art Murmur every month. And, as this last fall reminded us, Oakland still has the capacity to demand the political spotlight.

The Times focused on downtown's nightlife scene, mentioning the Fox Theater, Commis, Hawker Fare, Plum and newcomer Haven. But we've got our own list of reasons to believe in Oakland.

Comment

Originally posted by Atreyu Khalil View Post
            In certain parts yes but ..the New York Times released its list of "The 45 Places to Go in 2012." (That's top 45 in the world.) And the first North American location on the list wasn't New York or Chicago or even San Francisco. It was the coolest new kid in the country, Oakland.

Oakland came in at number five overall on the Times list, cited for its "new restaurants and bars beckoning amid the grit." Even we have to admit that we were a bit surprised by the honor, but we were nevertheless excited. At first glance, the high ranking seemed a wee bit premature, but considering the much-lauded bar and restaurant scene, the grassroots arts community and new ideas with retail (see Popuphood), we are reminded why our Oakland really is on the international radar.

Ever since James Syhabout snagged the city's first Michelin Star for Commis in 2009, bars and restaurants have opened in Oakland with unrelenting energy. Art and nightlife lovers still flock to Art Murmur every month. And, as this last fall reminded us, Oakland still has the capacity to demand the political spotlight.

The Times focused on downtown's nightlife scene, mentioning the Fox Theater, Commis, Hawker Fare, Plum and newcomer Haven. But we've got our own list of reasons to believe in Oakland.
            GHOST RIDE THE WHIP
            GHOST RIDE THE WHIP!!

Comment

GHOST RIDE THE WHIP
              GHOST RIDE THE WHIP!!
              Put ya stuna shades on

Comment

Originally posted by Atreyu Khalil View Post
                They are from east Oakland home of the black panthers
                Isn't ward half white? He's as much a white boy as he is black

Comment

Originally posted by -TITAN- View Post
                  Isn't ward half white? He's as much a white boy as he is black
                  I wonder if Ward's trainer talks to Ward's mother like that. "You ain't on no plantation Ward, don't let your white mommy speak for you!"

Comment

I wonder if Ward's trainer talks to Ward's mother like that. "You ain't on no plantation Ward, don't let your white mommy speak for you!"
                    that would be funny but i don't think so...............ward is obviously very black identified..............

Comment

Originally posted by americanbot View Post
                      that would be funny but i don't think so...............ward is obviously very black identified..............
                      based on what?

Comment

Working...
                      X